Saturday, July 20, 2013

Shades of Orange

Today at StampTV Lee began a new Live Chat Challenge that will be a new on every other Saturday I believe. Check it out! Today's challenge is to use some Gina K. Design floral stamps and an encouraging sentiment, then send the card to a friend who could really use the card now. Since I had also just watched a new technique for sponging on YouTube, I incorporated that into my challenge card.

Entered Into STV Live Chat Challenge: Floral Encouragement card

Come on over and play along with us. Gina will be giving away a fabulous prize!!!

I stamped the flowers, leaves and butterflies from the stamp set in Wild Honey distress ink. I gently sponged the outer edges of the image with Dried Marigold, leaving the center of the image lighter. Then I sponged darker Wild Honey around the edges and corners, including sponging the edges really dark. This will help the image to 'pop' on a white card base.

Stamp set: Summer Blooms by Gina K. Designs
Cardstock also by Gina K. Designs, Pure Luxury White





6 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card Rosy, I just love the colouring it is so WOW!! Hugs, Jen :-) xx
    Krafty Keepsakes
    (I am having to mention my blog like this Rosy, my laptop is sick and is away to be repaired, I an using my son's laptop :-(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rosy, this is a fabulously cheerful card. That bright color is bound to be an uplift to your recipient. Love the way you did the stamping & sponging. I keep trying on the sponging, still not where I'd like to be on that technique as yet, but yours is lovely. Do you follow http://cardz.wordpress.com/ by Heather Telford? She's fantastic, and has some good youtubes as well as instructions on her blog. Very inspirational. Your orange-yellow tones were so pretty with the light blue background too. Great color combo. TFS & Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so bright and cheery looking. I admired it in the StampTV gallery too. Orange and yellow always makes a person feel good. And, love all the subtle imagery in the design.

    ReplyDelete
  4. BEAUTIFUL, love all the shades of orange the stamping the inking fabulous job creating this card, thanks for sharing and have a wonderful week..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh and looooove your new blog heading, the birds and all.......

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card! Love the orange - why don't I ever think to use orange? Great job!

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments really encourage me a TON! Mahalo nui loa!