Friday, September 7, 2018

Hummingbirds

Aloha!

I've been coloring, adhering and cutting with one arm for months (and making a mess of things). It's 3 weeks post op wrist surgery. They had to cut off some of the bone and, meh, too gnarly to discuss.

It took me ten weeks to finish a simple project of 21 cards, moving as fast as a snail on double stick tape.

I stamped all the hummingbirds and then colored them with Copic markers. I fussy cut them out and put those aside (weeks ago).

Using the Spotlighting Technique I colored a circle of the flower image, then ran this layer through an embossing folder, some with embossed corners, and others with debossing. The insides have flowers & the envelopes have autumn-y leaves and sunflowers.
i

Stamp Sets: Hummingbird (Our Daily Bread); Flowers (GKD On My Mind and In My Heart); Leaves and Flowers on envelopes (GKD Heartfelt)
Inks: Versafine Black, GKD (Almagam & autumn set), Distress Inks (autumn colors); Copic Markers
Cardstock: GKD
Embossing Folder: Corners & Damask by Sizzix
Wink of Stella; Adhesive Foam Tape; Clear Rhinestone

PS - Kindly disregard the rhinestone 
that moved when I snapped the picture. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 





Mahalo for stopping by-I've missed you 🤗





No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kind comments really encourage me a TON! Mahalo nui loa!