Wednesday, September 26, 2018

Dahlias

Aloha, friends!

I'm in a vellum rut lol!

Using the same technique as yesterday's post, I stamped the image onto vellum. I used a heat tool to dry the dye ink (otherwise it can smear on smooth surfaces). I colored the image in from the back side using color pencils. For this card I used a stylus/embossing tool to create a circle around the flowers. Simply take a round die and hold it carefully over the image. Use the stylus softly to trace the circle inside of the die. Presto - you have a nice, quiet frame.

Use the next largest circle die to cut out the image. If you wish, cut a layer from another circle die to back the vellum with some color and adhere them together.

That was pretty much it. I hope you give coloring pencils onto vellum a try!


Stamp Set: "Beautiful Bouquets, Dahlias" by W+9
Cardstock: Graffix Vellum, Neenah Ivory, MFT Gray, Bazzill Pink
Inks: SSS Cobblestone
Prismacolor Pencils
Dies by Spellbinder (Circles and Scalloped Circles)
Glue Dots Vellum Sheet Adhesive & wet glue
Cropadile Corner Chomper
Embossing Folder by Sizzix "Berry Splash"; Stylus
Tiny little pink rhinestones and eensy pink flowers from my stash




Mahalo for visiting!












No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kind comments really encourage me a TON! Mahalo nui loa!