Sunday, July 8, 2012

A Tole Paper Rose


The Tole Paper Rose ~

This is another stamp by Melanie Muenchinger from the stamp set A Year of Flowers (also available at GinaK Designs).

I lifted the technique from her book of the same title, page 29 - thanks Melanie!

Technique:

Just stamp and color two of the same flowers. Adhere one flower to the card. Then cut the second flower into each petal. Place them on the table in the shape it was in (to help you remember where it was).

Tricky Part:
You will use between one-three adhesive dots on top of one another to get differing heights for the cut petals. This makes the flower 3D. 

Look at the card with the flower on it. Do you see which petals would be farthest from you and which ones would be closer to you in real life? The farthest petals, I leave alone. I don't put a second cut petal on it. Then, building the flower higher as each petal gets closer to me, that's how many foam dots I put under the cut petals. The ones towards the mid bottom have three foam dots under them! You can't tell because the picture is flat.

When I was done, I took a Memento Marker in Lady Bug Red and colored the sides of each and every adhesive foam dot. That way, if someone turned the card sideways, none of the white would show from the pop dots. Then I used my fingers and bent the petals backwards so there is a lot of dimension in the flower!



Thank you for stopping by - with hugs, Rosy


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kind comments really encourage me a TON! Mahalo nui loa!