Thursday, February 11, 2016

Hiya Peacock!

Aloha dear friends,

I hear it's incredibly cold where most of you live. I even hear it's zero degrees for our sweet Verna A. which I cannot and do not wish to comprehend. I admire each one of your ability to thrive in adverse weather! Be safe on those roads ♥

After I finished this card, it had a blank spot on the left side that just "bugged" me! So I cut out a notch and made a pull out slider with a bug on it. I am not sure who it is for yet. Would you believe it's the only clear or cling stamp I have by Hero Arts with flowers on it? Yup, pretty much. I have some wood blocks someplace, but this was easier to find and use.

Under the top layer is foam tape placed in the shape of a rectangle and a 2-inch opening on the left. The slider has a "T" shape inside which hits the foam tape. Those two components keep the slider so it cannot be pulled all the way out.

Challenge: Hero Arts "Fabulous Fllowers" February

Stamp Set: "A Happy Hello" (an oldie but greatie!)
Cardstock: GKD, SU, Neenah
Inks: Memento Tuxedo Black & Summer Sky, GKD Black Onyx
Copic Markers, Memento Markers
Pink Twines: Moments & Memories
Signo White Gel Pen
Wink of Stella Clear
SU 1/4 inch Hole Punch
SU Washi Tape
Ice Stickles "Diamonds"

I'm sorry the exposure is blown on the 2nd picture. I didn't know how to fix it.







Thank you dear ones!!! Be safe whatever your weather is like
& come by again soon ♥ With aloha ♥


9 comments:

  1. This is ADORABLE!!! You clever person, you!! Love the bright colours and adorable images :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your card with all the pretty bright colors. It is so cheery. And so clever of you to create a pull out feature. Andr, I will stay warm. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. You always make bright cards, but this one is very cheery too. Clever to put in the pull out slider with more cheeryness on it. It is cold where I live in Wisconsin too, but we go south for the winter. So sunny here every day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awe - I absolutely LOVE that little peacock. Such right, happy colors. And your slider is genius!!! This whole thing just makes me smile! And yes, it's cold here. I think we had about 2 above last night...brrrrrr. So happy my craft room is nice and cozy!! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh you clever, clever girl! Love how you filled what you thought was the 'blank spot' so smart, unique and PERFECT! What a beautifully colored card....love it! Oh and it was 11 degrees here.....maybe negative something or other tomorrow with the wind....JOY! aka Crafting Weather! xo~

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute Rosy. Nice to see this time of year Yup yu are enjoying what many of us wish we could. :) Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really fun card. I like the bright coloring and the fun scene!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorable card, love the cheery colors!

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is so much fun!
    Thanks for joining the Hero Arts Fabulous Flowers Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments really encourage me a TON! Mahalo nui loa!