Friday, February 26, 2016

Friendship

Aloha dear friends!

How is your day? Are you slowing down buying more pattern paper nowadays? Are you using as much as say, a couple of years ago? Or are you trying to to buy less (like I am) until you use up most of your current stash?  ♥

One of my sweet nurse friends is going through a very, very rough patch of life right now. I hope this card will remind her of how much I care. We used to work together in the local hospital and she was always so sweet, optimistic, cheerful and conscientious as a nurse - a delight to work with!!! She is also native to Hawai'i and I love the connection to the real local people here.

Instead of using markers for this card, I used Prismacolor Pencils and the blender pencil that comes with it. Yesterday I watched a Sandy Allnock Video - Vanishing Point in which she shows how to draw a tile floor with angles the way it would really look. Just pick a central point at the top of your card, then using a ruler, draw vertical angled lines to depict the tiles on the floor.

I cut the floor with the little nurse out, even the teeny space under the nursing bag handle lol. Using a black Memento marker I shaded the edges of the cut out image. Then I adhered it to some pattern paper. I was all finished with the button and flower until yup - I smudged the ink around the sentiment and had to add some sequins. Oh well. Bruce likes it :D  Since my buddy lives not too far from us, Bruce said he would drop it by for me. What a man!



Stamp Set: My Favorite Things: "Best Medicine" (from the Pure Innocence line)
Cardstock: GKD
Colored with Prismacolor Pencils
Designer Paper: BasicGrey "Plumeria"
Ink: Memento "London Fog" and "Lulu Lavender"
Sequins by Pretty Pink Posh
Multi Matte Medium, Wink of Stella clear, Gold & White Signo gel pens, a felt flower, peachy button & Aileen's Clear liquid adhesive



Thank you sweet friends
for taking the time to look & comment!!!

Don't forget my blogaversary this Sunday as I draw 3 winners, announce
Monday and send notifications to winners!
(See Thursday's post for details)

♥ Aloha for now ♥