Thursday, October 31, 2013

Floral Friends and a Positive Outlook - two more cards for SCS HYCCT!

Hi there,

This is the first time I worked with acetate. After trying Copics (no), Distress inks (no), and a few other inks, I read up on YouTube what does work? Ta Da - Our Humble Sharpies :D

You must color quickly lest you color over dry ink. This removes the ink! I used two shades of pinks and greens, and had to color as fast as I could. I outlined all of the image (stamped originally with StazOn) with more black Sharpie because it no longer was bold enough to see.

The 'smeary' parts in the photo are actually the shadows cast from the image towards the beige embossed paper insert behind it - It was the best picture I could get. It looks so much better IRL -- why is that so much of the time?

Because the corners smeared a bit, (Color Box Chestnut Roan), I stamped lace and florals around the card, then distressed edges. But the acetate is clean, sparkles and shines!

Stamps by GKD Dogwood and Butterfly by Theresa Momber, Corner Embellishments by Anna Griffin 18th Century Garden, Lace by SU.





The next card was supposed to resemble "subway art" but I have no idea what that looks like. The only sentiment I have that might come close to that is the one I used by Hero Arts below.

I love the dp which is from Susan Wright for K & Company. The mat pack is stunning.






Thank you dear ones for stopping by and taking a look!!!
Aloha ♥





4 comments:

  1. Beautiful and love the sentiment Rosy. Hugs, Jen x
    Krafty Keepsakes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards and love the look on the acetate. And, I am no help on subway art either since I have not been on a subway. But I think you created a beautiful card and that sentiment as the focal point is super wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful Rosy just love your lovely cards...Such a joy to see them..You always make my day brighter..Hugs and Loves to you my dear friend.I will have to try this technique.I also have no clue what a subway looks like.Thanks for sharing:)

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments really encourage me a TON! Mahalo nui loa!