Monday, August 31, 2026

Sunflower Season

Aloha,

I miss autumn. The crisp, cool mornings and the change of leaf colors are so invigorating. We do have a change in the intensity of the heat and a coolness in the mornings between October and February but the afternoons still reach into the 80s.

On days when I don't feel up to making an entire card, I will die cut lots of different pieces and sentiments then save them up for when I can make a card. I will also emboss layers, precut bases, color images - anything to help build a completed card later on. But sometimes the little post it note naming the products loses the stickiness and falls off. Then months later the fun of trying to remember the company who made products begins /s. 🧐 Sometimes I can't remember some of the product names but enjoy the finished cards despite that. 

I had a whole pile of cut sunflowers and put them together. I used Copic markers to add a little shading to them. Then I started combining embossed layers to card bases and this and that to finish these eight sunflower cards. The best part is going to be sending them out since it's nearing autumn.

 









Happy Autumn everyone 🍁 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kind comments are encouraging. Mahalo nui loa.