Wednesday, May 27, 2020

The Sunflower

Hi, there!

Glad to "see" you!

I love the Gina K. Designs Autumn Splendor stamp and die set. I know it isn't autumn anywhere but the sunflower is such a happy flower. I wanted to send it to a local friend to say "Hello!"

I only used color pencils and one gray Copic marker for the flower outline. I love that technique from watching Melanie Muenchinger outline her flowers. Super simple to use the color pencils but takes a while to layer all the colors and blend them out. I do not use Gamsol or other products, just the pencils because the texture is so soft. When using the oils or Gamsol, you can achieve a look similar to alcohol markers but I seldom use it anymore.

Wishing you a safe and pleasant day, rain or shine. Life is hard.


Stamp Set: Autumn Splendor by GKD
Cardstock: GKD
Inks: Memento Tuxedo Black
Prismacolor Pencils; Copic Marker C3
SU Fine Tip Glue Pen
Sequins and clear drops



All my best to you and yours!
Keep on stamping 🦋




5 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous. You blended your pencil colors so beautifully. I love sunflowers anytime of the year so I am glad you chose this image for this card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful flower! You do great with the blending with straight pencil. I would forgo the Gamsol any day with this kind of blending.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so beautifully colored, Rosy. I love the simple design, which makes the single flower shine. Gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Aww, Mahalo, Jacob. I appreciate your kindness.

      Delete

Your kind comments really encourage me a TON! Mahalo nui loa!