Wednesday, May 9, 2018

High Tide

Aloha, everyone,

I'm back.

This technique is an easy one. You just put distress ink on a craft mat, or if you can't find yours (mine), use a piece of acetate anything (grin). Spritz water over it until you see tiny water drops all over the inks, then lay the watercolor paper on top. Wait as it soaks up color. Let dry or use a heat tool and repeat the process until you get the depth of color you wish. Let dry again. Then I spritzed water mixed with Perfect Pearl (pearl color) for a top sheen over the scene and let dry again. Stamp your images over.

Then I took a mini stamp cube (brown) and just using the edge of the pad, touch it to the cardstock to make waves, weeds, grass - and then distress the edges. Let dry and create your card.

Stamp Sets: Stampin' Up "High Tide," "Love & Sympathy," and "The Open Sea"
Cardstock: Gina K. Designs
Inks: Peacock Feathers, Barn Door, Vintage Photo (for the smooshed background, the lines for grass and sea, and the Lighthouse). VersaFine Black for the sentiment. Sandy Beach by GKD for the anchors on background.
Perfect Pearls (pearl shimmer & water spray)
1-3/4" Circle and 2" Scallop Circle Hand Punches
Black soft cording; Mini Adhesive Foam Squares




Mahalo for visiting!!!



6 comments:

  1. I love that technique and use it often. Your card is beautiful! I've been glued to the news watching all that is going on where you live.....scary stuff. Hope it settles down soon. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a soothing card! Very beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE what you have done here. Great background, really makes your images pop. I like the mood you have created, and the anchor background on the panel is perfect. Hope you are staying safe, so frightening!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful and serene scene. I love everything about it and I have often made backgrounds that way myself. But you certainly obtained the right colors for this beauty! I am so glad you are okay. I have been very concerned about you and my niece and family. They are okay as far as I know too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Rosy. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful scene. The slightly muted colours are perfectly chosen for a sympathy card.

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments really encourage me a TON! Mahalo nui loa!