Saturday, April 8, 2017

Butterfly Kisses

Aloha dear ones,

Was your week a good one? Resting up for the next week? I've been busy with projects but am nearly done so am able to PLAY ALONG WITH GINA'S RELEASE CHALLENGE!!! Come and play along with us!

Gina's challenge is probably my favorite technique - emboss resist. Why? It's Fast. It's Easy. And you can doctor it up as much or as little as you wish for a POW of a look. Gina's card is a very soft, pastel sponged look. This is a challenge for me because I like to go too far, adding elements and especially color until the thing glows enough to be seen from outer space. I should have worked for NASA.

For our niece who worked SUPER hard, working while going to school. She will graduate from nursing school in one more week and has two sweet little girls!!! She started out like I did, from the bottom as a very hardworking CNA, then back to school to become an RN. I loved every bit of it, even some of the yucky stories that make me laugh now. So to see my brother's daughter do what Auntie did, well, shucks, makes me feel a little bit proud. And she's marrying a very handsome police officer! ♥ So Cabrina, I love you.


What Did I use?

Stamp Set: "Take Flight" an oldie but goodie from 2009 by GKD
Embossing Powder: White by GKD for butterfly. For the sentiment I stamped first in Worn Lipstick then poured Clear embossing Powder over it by GKD to give it a glossy, raised look on pearlized Vellum.
Inks: VersaMark for the embossing; Distress Inks in Scattered Straw, Fossilized Amber and Worn Lipstick blended over the butterfly
Cardstock: GKD White; Pearlized Vellum (sentiment)
Craft Foam (I cut out a layer under the entire focal image layer and sentiment to pop the entire look)
Sequins are clear by Pretty Pink Posh, held on with Multi Matte Medium
Vellum Tape by 3M Scotch Brand to hold the vellum sentiment to the foam tape (actually works and I can't see it behind the pearl vellum)
Scor Tape to hold all that foam to the card and the top layers






Mahalo for stopping by!
Sending each of you Aloha ♥



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kind comments really encourage me a TON! Mahalo nui loa!