Sunday, July 3, 2016

I Love Your Moose-stash

Aloha!

I'll betcha it's hot wherever you are! It's hot here, ugh. Summers in Hawai'i is a real test. Most islanders go waaaay up north to Alaska or Yukon, other countries they are from, to escape the intense heat and humidity from July - September here. I don't blame them. I had hoped to grow up and be a snow bird, but we just don't fit into that financial planetary system. Just ain't happening. So this little bedroom ac has to do its best. Bruce is doing his best to fix up our house, too. Onward!!!

Thought it would be fun to create a manly, man card. First thing I thought of was a moose. Then I searched around and saw A Blog Named Hero is having a "Masculine" challenge this month.

This is pretty basic: plain card base, layered pattern paper, used color pencils to color, then fussy cut a moose, cut slit under his nose, adhere a black embossed mustache under his nose. The sentiment is a strip of white with two stitched dies embossed across the borders. Finished it with some Perfect Pearls to look like black pearls and 3D Crystal Lacquer (his eye balls).

Stamp Sets: Hero Arts "Heydey Sentiments" and "Missing You"
Dies: Paper Smooches Stitched
Cardstock: GKD 120# white (my fav of all card base cardstock); AC Black; Neenah 80# white
(I don't remember which company this plaid paper comes from-just in my stash)
VersaFine Black ink; Clear Embossing Powder by Ranger
3D Crystal Lacquer, Perfect Pearls Onyx Black



Many Mahalos for stopping by and leaving your love ♥
PS  Bruce pretty much laughs at everything I make.
He understands my kind of humor.
Aloha!!!





6 comments:

  1. Cute mustache. You plaid is from Gina K, Pool side patterned paper pack. Stay cool with the AC!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh geez, this card just makes me smile. And I LOVE that plaid patterned paper....it's perfect for the silly moose. Just so cute with his goofy eyes. And yes, it's hot here in Northern Michigan too....but no where near as hot as where you are. We have 80's with some humidity, but if we shut up the house in the morning it stays cool inside. No AC for us, we typically don't need it. Stay cool, my friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute moose-stache! Love the plaid paper, too! By the way, it's cool and rainy, here. Would love to send you some clouds, if you send us some sun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute. Yup. stay cool my friend. Doin the same here. a/c and fans. :) hugz

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that cute little "Moose-stache"! Masculine cards can be such a challenge. I always get an eye roll and a quick lesson in whats considered girly when I make cards for our nephews :( Great job! And thank you for joining along with our challenge at A Blog Named Hero!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This card is fun and I love the elements from mustache to the plaid that you put all together!

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments really encourage me a TON! Mahalo nui loa!