Monday, June 13, 2016

Leeward Layers with Wacky Wabbit

Aloha there, yet again! Yes, I'm back for the third post in one day. Mark that on your calendars please.

Layers. Lots of layers. Mine has turned out to be laughable, leeward (or the side opposite the endless waves here in island living) layers. You see, I didn't want to have 10-20 layers of everything on top of my card. So I did some flat layers. Cut some scrap paper into hill shapes, then use them as masks to ink some colors and "make" hills and a garden. As you sponge the hills and sky onto the card, it sorta looks like a layered look, right? No? Yes? YOU betcha! "I gotta be ME! I GOTTA be ME!" (If you are unfamiliar with that song from the 60s, well, I cannot help you.)

When I saw this stamp set, I had a deep belly laugh. All I could see was a bunny stealing away, munching on someone's beautiful garden of delights. So after stamping, coloring and fussy cutting all the images out, I cut slits into the basic layer and slid those veggies in, like they are growing out of the dirt. See the mouthful missing on the middle carrot? Bunny did it. He is laughing and high-tailing it out of there.

Everything is fussy cut and popped up with foam: bunny, veggies, trees, house, clouds (die cut). I drew cultivation lines across the center hill and used Copic Cool Grays to create shadows all over.

Can't believe I am able to enter a card into a challenge. It's been a long, long, long, time. But Paper Smooches Layering Challenge this one is for you ♥


Three Paper Smooches stamp sets: "Green Thumb," "Bitty Bungalows" and "Squeaky Clean" (I used the "dust bunny" from Squeaky Clean LOL. The other bunny I had from PS would have been like a Godzilla Bunny but that is an idea for a different card)
MFT cloud dies
Cardstock: GKD 120# white and Neenah 80# Solar White
Inks: Memento Tuxedo Black, Bamboo Leaves, New Sprout, Summer Sky, Rich Cocoa
Copic Markers
Lots of adhesive foam squares, some doubled up to give more height and dimension
Wink of Stella, Signo white gel pen for highlights, Perfect Pearls "Buttercup" and "Ruby Red" (for the stones lining the rock walkway, the apples in the trees and flowers in window boxes)


Run bunny run. See bunny run? Run bunny run!



As always, I thank you sincerely
for stopping by and leaving some love ♥

10 comments:

  1. This card is darling, it made me giggle. I absolutely love the carrot with the bite missing, genius! We have a garden and a yard FULL of rabbits. One day I realized one of the hostas out front had gone missing - it was a cwazy wabbit! Luckily we have a cwazy fast border collie who is helping keep them at bay. Hugs, Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so stinkin' CUTE!! Love all the bright colors and the glittery goodness with the white gel pen. That little bunny just makes me smile. Just an awesomely sweet card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great scenery card! The coverage is fabulous!

    I wanted to let you know that I appreciate your comments on my hydrangea card! I stamped the image in distress ink and then used a wet brush to soften the lines and followed up with a lighter purple distress ink for the interior of the blooms. Hope that makes sense:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card is adorable, you did a fantastic job on the scene!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This card is adorable, you did a fantastic job on the scene!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so darling and it sure made me smile. This is so cute and your dedication to create a great scene really paid off. I love all the cool colors too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card is not only beautiful but it is also adorable.

    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorable!! Love the bright colouring and all the layers! Just a super card, Rosy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely adorable. Love it and it makes one giggle for sure. Beautiful work my friend. Not even gonna try one :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hopped over from the PS blog coz I just love your card... the shading is fab, love how you captured the light in your scene x

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments really encourage me a TON! Mahalo nui loa!