Sunday, June 5, 2016

A Gilded Sympathy

Aloha everyone!

I hope you had a good weekend and are ready for the new week ahead. We are nearly halfway through with another year. I would be thrilled if we never had to need another sympathy card ever again. That is the scripture which I foiled inside this card, from Revelation 21:4.

Back in 2010, 2011 I met a kind lady in an online support group for chronic pain. She sent me the very first handmade card I ever saw and it blew my mind. I asked her how on earth does she "make" cards? LOL!!! She said all I would have to do is visit Gina's StampTV site and there I could learn everything there is to know about how to make a card. In 2012 I started visiting STV. Gina has THE best tutorial videos, cardstock, stamps etc... So she definitely steered me into the right direction and I am forever learning.

Unfortunately my online card enabler friend just lost her hubby last month after heart surgeries and a valiant battle with cancer. Although we have never physically met, like all of you, my dear cardmaking buddies, I feel a very close kindred spirit, a deep friendship through our mutual hobby. I made this card for her and her family.

I used the Minc to foil the sentiment and the inside of the card. It's pretty big for a card - 5 x 6-1/2 inches. I'll make the envelope tomorrow and get this mailed to her.

I embossed the pattern paper and edged it with an apricot color ink, then gold ink. I did the same with the inside, but you can't see it. It's all foiled then cut with a Spellbinder pierced rectangle and lightly sponged with peach, then edged with gold (sentiment inside). I am drinking Pepto Bismol by the gallon it seems. My stomach has an ulcer from all our recent losses and stress. If I haven't told you "I love you" lately, just know, I truly do!!!

Spellbinders "Divine Florals" Nestabilities Dies & Ovals Dies
GKD cardstock
SU pattern paper
Anna Griffin embossing folder
Inks Crisp Cantaloupe (SU) and Delicata Gold
Minc Machine and gold foil
Dazzling Diamonds glitter (SU), white satin ribbon, pearls, clear rhinestones, corner rounder



Thank you for always leaving 
your kind comments,
for visiting,
for always being there ♥


12 comments:

  1. And as they say....the rest is history! Do you know how many conversations I have had, in any craft store, that sound just like that....too many to count! :) Thank goodness for Gina! Beautiful colors, texture and layering! Love the gold too....I have the mini minc, it's fantastic! Beautiful creation, Rosy! xo~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is beautiful. I am sorry for your friend. I just lost my husband of 48 years to a heart attack on May25th. I'm missing him

    Blessing,
    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, no! Kathleen, I'm very very very sorry for your loss. That is well, there are no words. Please accept my heartfelt hugs and love and sympathy. I tried to find your blog or contact info, but was unable to. ♥

      Delete
    2. So sorry Kathleen, it is not easy to loose a spouse. Prayers for you.

      Delete
  3. I love your card. So beautiful and I am sure it will be a comfort to your friend. And, I agree that Gina sure is an awesome teacher as well as are her designers. I also learned so much from the members at Stamp TV. I hope that your tummy will heal fast and that your days will be much happier for you. And, I love you too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful card and a beautiful story of how you met. I know your card will be a comfort to your friend. I've made a lot of friends on Stamp TV, including you Rosy, and though we've never met I love you and enjoy your lovely creations. Hope your life settles down and you can put the Pepto away. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so sorry for you, and for your friend... I'm sure she will love this card, though, and treasure the love that went into it. I love gold foiling, but I didn't ever take the plunge for these tools/materials mysef. However, I can see why you would--touches of gold suit you, dear Rosy, since that is what your heart is made of ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Still learning foiling. Great cards, even though it is for a cause you would rather not be walking through with your friend. I found Gina's site in 2009 after we got high speed internet. We were dial-up prior, so while recovering from back surgery, I was reading and watching a lot of videos on the internet. So glad to have found her style and easy teaching videos.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have nailed the relationship we have with our online friends perfectly. WHO KNEW we would have so many wonderful, kind, loving people in our lives whom we have never met, and probably never will. Thank God for the written word, truly!! It is through the written word that we have become so close. AMAZING!! I'm so sorry you have to make yet another sympathy card, but this one is stunning. I love the gold with the peach, just so beautiful. And then the foiling adds so much. Your friend will get comfort from this card, and from your prayers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And well said about Gina too. She was my total inspiration when I started on this creative journey!

      Delete
  8. WOW Rosy this is a stunning card! Love all the layers and texture and frilly feeling. So sorry you lost your friend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful Rosy. Love receiving nice cards when hubby passed away instead of the old somber ones we used to have to use. Gives one a wee pick up at a time really required.
    Hugs my friend and take care of you. :)

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments really encourage me a TON! Mahalo nui loa!