Thursday, August 13, 2015

Watercolor Floral Thanks

Aloha dear friends,

How is your crafty day? I hope each of you are well or as well as can be :)

It's time for me to get back into watercoloring practice. A friend of ours gave us some Passion Fruit (in Hawai'i we call them Lilikoi (lily + coy) Jelly! We've only harvested about 5 so far this year. They have the most unusual but exquisitely delightful flowers!! Here is a picture with a sweet bee doing it's work:


"Lilikoi" or passion fruit flower

We get dozens of these blooms on our overgrown vine which is now like a giant bush sending out vines in every direction over the small lattice arbor. But not every bloom turns into a fruit. It's a wait and see kind of harvest :)


A dear friend of ours made some jelly from her lilikoi! She gave us a jar, so of course, I want to make a thank you card for her. I guess I could have searched for a lilikoi digi image or something, but I grabbed one of the nearest stamp sets instead.

Stamp Set: "Best Thoughts" by Stampin' Up
Painted with distress inks
Sequins by Pretty Pink Posh
Gold cord
Perfect Pearl spray, Wink of Stella
PaperTrey Ink Bracket border die
Pattern Paper "Be Mine" by Echo Park
Cardstock by Gina K. Designs Pure Luxury White 
Strathmore Watercolor Paper Cold Press 130#

After watercoloring, I sprayed the whole image with Perfect Pearl Spray that I mix up in a mister. I also covered the butterfly and blossom with Wink of Stella.










Many thanks for stopping by!!!

12 comments:

  1. Oh I suspect you'll be getting a case of it after she receives your gorgeous card! Love the soft muted tones and that beautiful flower!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card! Your friend will love this card as much as you love her jelly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeousness! You do amazing things with distress ink. Love the beautiful colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeousness! You do amazing things with distress ink. Love the beautiful colors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bet this card really sparkles, and your friend will really be pleased with it. You could even get more jelly! Lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. So love it. It is so gorgeous.great colors and I bet it really shimmers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful Rosy, spraying it would just give it that extra pop am thinking. hugz

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your beautiful, shimmery flower! Your friend will love your card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is gorgeous. I love your bright, beautiful colors. A great example of watercoloring, especially with the spritz of glimmer. I'm sure your friend will love it. Oh, and thanks for the little info on the passion fruit. I have no idea what that tastes like, but I'm sure it's delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful water colored flower and bee. Love the colors you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card, Rosy. Love the soft colors. We have this Passion Flower growing all over our fence. It spreads like crazy and takes over everything in it's path, but the flowers are beautiful. Ours produces little green pods.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is incredible Rosy!!! You can do any type of card....can't you???

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments really encourage me a TON! Mahalo nui loa!