Friday, March 14, 2014

Spring Blocks

Aloha friends,

This card is for StampTV's challenge to use blocks of color hosted by Laurie Schmidin. You can see it HERE :)

Yesterday I watched a fairly easy technique by Darlene DeVries that you can watch by clicking this LINK. However, she used water based markers by Stampin' Up and I used Distress Inks. She sprinkled some water drops over her blocks and I spritzed Perfect Pearls and water all over mine. You can tell I LOVE LOVE LOVE shimmer LOL.

After measuring the focal image layer into four equal parts, stamp your images in VersaMark and heat emboss with black embossing powder. Then I took a small makeup sponge and loaded it with Distress ink. I used four blue or bluish colors of ink as I don't have a lot to pick from. Just stick with the same color group if you want a similar monotone finish. It's ok to overlap colors on the edges. When you're done coloring your four blocks, just sprinkle or spritz water all over it if you use water based color, or alcohol if you use alcohol based color. Easy, huh? Then I used a heat tool to hurry up the drying process, layered it, stamped the sentiment and added some punched butterflies and bling, rounded a couple corners. I did cover the butterflies with VersaMark and dipped into Perfect Pearls blues. Thank you so much for stopping by my place!

Stamp set: Summer Blooms mini set by Gina K. Designs
Black Rhinestone Flourishes: Recollections
Homemade Shimmer Spray: Mix about 2 tsp Perfect Pearls "pearl" with about 2 oz plain water and shake and spray :)





With aloha, and thank you for taking a peek!!!

6 comments:

  1. PRETTY! I love the ombre color effect! You can really see the sparkle and shine too. Every time I make my own it always gets clogged in the spritzer. Bummer! Love your stamped images and your butterfly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh wow, I love, love, love this Rosy!! Especially the shimmer. I'm gonna watch that video - love me some videos. I have learned so much from them. Your colors are gorgeous, and the silhouette stamps are perfect. They don't take away from the beautiful colors on the background. And the butterflies are a great final touch. Just stunning!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH ROSY, this is absolutely gorgeous!!! It is so striking with the dark stamped images on that beautiful shimmery, soft colored background. The bling finishes it off perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely gorgeous Rosy!!!! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ok need perfect pearls now. Thanks. :) Your creations are beautiful Rosy. Love this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful technique! Gorgeous card! Love the beautiful mix of colors with the black!

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments really encourage me a TON! Mahalo nui loa!