Monday, March 10, 2014

Ancient Voyages - Distressing Edges and Colors, a Masculine Card

I wanted to make a masculine card that felt like an Old World ocean log book entry. I used a stamp set from Stampin' Up called "The Open Sea." The large circle in the bottom left is a world map, but it didn't turn out too well. I distressed all the pieces and added some Delicata Gold inks to the muted colors of Memento inks. Four copper nail heads hold down the picture of the ship, a micro rhinestone in black centers the Compass Rose, and I used some Metallic Rub On pastes to tone down the bright golds of the Anchor hanging from the twine. The background was a dark wood grain, but after I got done with it, no one knows what it was LOL!!!!

Finally, I typed up a sentiment to appear like a log entry by Captain Cook :) who visited the Bay below where we live, Kealakekua on the Big Island of Hawai'i. Then I distressed it, rolled the edges to look more like a scroll.

Thank you for stopping by ♥





Thank you for stopping by - I appreciate you!


1 comment:

  1. This is an amazingly wonderful masculine card and I believe you captured the essence of a ship log indeed. You are very talented my friend!

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments really encourage me a TON! Mahalo nui loa!