Thursday, November 29, 2012

Peek-a-boo Snowman Card

Hi, there!
This is a friendly, happy card, sure to bring a smile to anyone who receives it. You can substitute all kinds of images for different ideas, too.
When you pull on the 'wings' of the card, the big snowy tree splits in half and exposes the entire snowman, the sky, and glittered snow all over. Then when you slide the wings back towards the card, the tree halves come back together to hide Mr, Snowman!!! Nifty neato, huh?

"Snowman Wishes" and "Lacy Borders" stamp sets, Gina K. Designs
Pure Luxury cardstock, white and turquoise sea
Copic BG10, BG27 & B00 (snowman hat & shading of his scarf)
Paper pieced snowman scarf scrap pp
Memento inks - turquoise gem, cloud white, agean blue, night sky
Glitter - Prismacolor holographic glitter
Spellbinders Large Round Scallop/Large Round dies
Free hand the tree and the sentiment tag
Score Tape, stash ribbon and bling by Kasier, twine by We R Memory Keepers
Monoadhesive liquid and tape runner glues, 3D pop dots, Martha Stewart Arctic Snowflake paper punch

Peek a boo card tutorial on YouTube

Entered into following challenges:






The above picture shows the snowman partly shown 
(I couldn't take the picture and pull on the wings to open it more)


This picture is hokey, I know, but I am by myself at the moment and have no
one to help me take the picture and hold the card closed, so.. maybe
I should have used some clothe pins?

But you get the idea! The snowy fir tree covers Mr Snowman when the card is closed :)

Thank you so much for looking!

15 comments:

  1. Your card is adorable! I want to make one! Do you have s tut?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun card Rosy! I like the peek a boo aspect and will have a look at the link to the tutorial that you posted. So glad that you could play along with the Friends of Speedy TV!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I needed an idea for hubby's card - thank you I have it!
    I love your card and despite the lack of help you showed us how it works!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful card!! Love the color. Thanks for joining us at FOSTV.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rosy, this is absolutely stunning!!! Thanks so much for adding the link to the tutorial. Off to check it out!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This card is really amazing.....so stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my!!!!! Incredible card!!!!! The color is gorgeous! Your snowman is so cute! Absolutely love the way this card opens!!! I will have to check out the tutorial! Thanks for joining FOSTV this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is simply amazing and darling !!! Thanks for joining us this week at The Cuttlebug Spot!!
    Brianna

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous card, I love all the details and glitter. Thanks for joining in at the Cuttlebug Spot this week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome card! Love the colors, images, coloring, and the neat style of Peek-a-boo! Thank you so much for sharing!
    Hugz Colleen

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ah I am back again! LOL Thank you for joining us at TTCRD magazine challenge:) Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wowee! This is totally awesome! I love the colours and your interactive card is just a stunner, especially with all that glitter. Fantastic job.

    Thanks for linking up with us at The Cuttlebug Spot.

    Rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this snowman! Tutorial was a great help, too.

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments really encourage me a TON! Mahalo nui loa!