Thursday, October 10, 2013

Ambered Leaves

Here is another card made for the HYCCT project. We were to use metal in our cards. I cut out 3 pieces of foil (glued first to scrap cardstock) from leaf dies. I then added colors, Perfect Pearls, and metallic pastes, then more Perfect Pearls. ---I forgot to say that the last step is to use two coats of UTEE for making the leaves extra shiny, smooth, charm-like, and translucent.
I used a crimper to some background paper and I think the rest is self explanatory :)






Thank you dear friends for stopping by and looking!

6 comments:

  1. Delightful card, and I love your metal leaves. Nice to know about using the pastes on the metal. I have some aluminum foil leaves cut out to work on, using alcohol inks. May add a little paste when I'm finished. Thanks for the inspiration and sharing a lovely card. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I do love this technique Rosy! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an absolutely stunning card Rosy, I love your technique that you used for your 'metal leaves'. I am taking much inspiration from your blog, thank you for sharing. Hugs, Jen xx
    Krafty Keepsakes

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful, Rosy! Those leaves are so cool! I've never used metallic pastes before, but will have to give this technique a try.....so much inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful work of art. This is a new thing to me, but sure looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is more than beautiful, gorgeous, stunning etc., etc. Love those leaves

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments really encourage me a TON! Mahalo nui loa!