Monday, February 11, 2013

Forgotten Voyages

This is a beautiful Art Impressions stamp that I fell in love with. I am drawn to the isolation of the place this boat came to rest, the loneliness - lack of people, birds, even foliage. I imagine the wind blowing and the faint crashes of waves farther out, perhaps a sea gull crying in the distance - hear it? I kept the card monotones of grays which reminds me of living in the Pacific Northwest -- where I think I saw every shade of gray in the sky there could possibly be.

It doesn't appear that this vessel is going anywhere soon, so it doesn't really need the anchor charm I tied to the center of the black twine. But it needed a sparkle without being over the top.




Thank you so much for coming in, and taking a look! I appreciate you each of you!