It feels so good inside to put pieces together, in life and with cards. I've had the arms and heart panels for 4 cards cut out for months and little by little I cut layers, Slightly brushed ink over the arms and heart, thought about how to put it together and then placed all the little flowers. The heart sits on a pop up mechanism that Jennifer McGuire simply cuts from two short strips of cardstock. She has showed the pop up mechanism in many of her tutorials. The cards with pop up will into your usual size A2 envelopes by the heart flattening off to one side when in the envelope, then popping back up out of the envelope.
If I could do this over, I would cut another panel of the same paper as the arms because when you lift the arms up, you can see the entire cut out portion behind them. But I didn't think about that until after I glued the layers down. Maybe that will help someone to cover up the hole behind the arms.
I made 4 similar designs of this card to cheer some friends up. I'm amassing a big collection of cards to send out. It feels good!
Waffle Flower Hugging Hands die
GKD pattern paper from way back
I forget which set this sentiment came from. (Stampin' Up?) It'll come to me a few weeks from now and wake me out of a sound sleep. Thank you, Lisa "lovinpaper" at SCS for letting me know it is SU "Go to Greetings" stamp set! You are a rock star 🎸
Kraft cardstock by GKD
Memento Inks
Sizzix and other company flowers and leafy branch dies, Martha Stewart flower punches (sorry I forget to add a post-it note with all the company product names into backs of die cuts I make on the more challenging days)
Little enamel dots for flower centers by Stampin' Up
Closed---
If you are going through difficult times, know that I care. I'm climbing up my own hard path, some days harder than others, but it helps me feel empathy for all of you who also have times of trouble. 🙏 Aloha, friend
No comments:
Post a Comment
Your kind comments are encouraging. Mahalo nui loa.