Thursday, June 24, 2021

Cat Fish

 Aloha dear ones!

When I first saw this stamp set at Simon Says Stamp, it made me laugh! A cat-fish mermaid! What a sense of humor! 

Have you ever heard the Catfish Song by Jonny Boston? It incorporates a lot of song titles by Elvis. It's adorable and goes along "purrr-fectly" with this stamp image!

It's simple using a brushed background, a little stamping, paper piecing (umbrella) and die cutting. We have a sketch by Dirty Dozen gal Lisa using the monthly Jukebox theme at Splitcoaststampers. I used the colors and sketch to create the spliced umbrella. The edge of the sentiment oval is edged with Copic marker.

Thank you for your visit!

Stamp Set: "Cuddly Summer Critters" by SSS
Cardstock: Accent Opaque White 120#
Ink: Distress Oxide - Broken China, Evergreen Bough, Speckled Egg, Vintage Paper; Memento Rich Cocoa
Spellbinders Oval Die
Copic Markers
Adhesive Foam Tape
Stickles Diamond, Wink of Stella, Pearl for accent





Here is a little addition - "I wish I had."
I wish I had used a few brown dots for sand, a darker blue
sky, and some white ripples in the water 🎨 



9 comments:


  1. Wonderful card and so cute with the catfish image.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well how stinkin' CUTE!!! The catfish is so fun, but that umbrella makes this card. I just LOVE it!!! Makes me smile all over my face!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, how cute! Dear granddaughter would LOVE this! Thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Rosie, this is just TOO cute!!! I agree with Judy, that umbrella makes the card. Love the sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable :) I. Love the image and what a sweet card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute, cute stamp! I love Simon says stamps. Your umbrella adds to its cuteness! I always have some "I wish I had" but your card is great without them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rosy, you are too cute! I love the card and in spite of your "I wish I had" (haven't we all said that) it's very sweet and so you and so Hawaii! Your Kittie image might not be thrilled about the ocean, but cats are cats! It's nice to see your work again, I have been away from from posting on my blog for a long while and decided to get back into it. Love your work and look forward to seeing your "next card"!

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments really encourage me a TON! Mahalo nui loa!