Monday, April 5, 2021

Copic Markers and Wildflowers

 Aloha,

I took a Copic coloring class from Sandy Allnock, link here: Mini Copic Wildflowers Class 1. It's an inexpensive class that builds confidence using alcohol markers without needing to sketch first. Just start coloring on white cardstock. I was terrified but after tossing a couple tries, it started to get easier. I say jump in and do it - you won't be disappointed. She has since added Copic Wildflowers 2 but I have not taken that class yet.

🔷🔹🔹🔹🔷🔹🔹🔹🔷

Copic markers

Various embossing folders by Anna Griffin, Cuttlebug, Sizzix & Darice

Gems and crystals, Glossy Accents

Cardstock: I tried some new to me cardstock that Jennifer McGuire spoke about in her favorite things 2020. It's from Amazon, called Accent Opaque Digital, 16 pt "Smooth" 120# white, 8-1/2 X 11 inches, 150 sheets. It truly is smooth, super thick and sturdy, feels almost like chipboard and takes alcohol markers and color pencils well so far. I accidentally dropped a bit of water onto it and it swelled right up, so not good for watercolor, even a little. For the price, I am very impressed with this cardstock either for card bases (the sturdiest I have ever used), bright white, I used the metal cut plate more when die cutting but the die cuts look GREAT using this cardstock.


Copic Wildflowers 1


  • Color, then die cut




  • Swirly Sweet Peas





  • Wax Flowers Bunch




  • Paintbrush





  • Branch of Sweet Peas




  • Thistles





I hope you enjoyed seeing what you can freehand with Copic Markers!
Thank you for stopping by!









7 comments:

  1. Oh my, Rosy, these cards are just wonderful. You have blown me away with your coloring, and it's amazing that you have done these free-hand. Absolutely stunning, I love them all. You have me intrigued with that class, I might have to go check it out. Thanks for the inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These cards are all so beautiful and you have used your classes to good advantage. I am so blessed to have one of these cards in my possession too. They are all so amazingly gorgeous! I don't know if I could ever do a freehand project nearly as lovely. But I might have to try too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Rosie, these are so beautiful. I can't imagine doing them free-hand, you did an amazing job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG I think those are stunning!! I haven't tried freehand yet but that class sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Saw these cards on SCS and came to take a closer look- and wow- even more impressed they are done freehand! Wowza!!

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments really encourage me a TON! Mahalo nui loa!