Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Week 4 at the Outlawz Color Challenge

Aloha everyone!

This week's colors at the Outlawz Color Challenge are Red, Black, and Gray/Silver + add die cuts.

I found an image a friend gave me, and thought, this really looks like our grandson, Kyle. He's 3 and ...very active.

I had too much fun coloring this with Spectrum Noir markers, and a couple of Copics for the colors I don't have in Spectrum. I used a bit of the Blender pen to give his shirt and jeans some wear.

The bottom borders are cut with Spellbinder scallop dies, the right side with decorative scissors and the image was cut with Spellbinder rectangle dies, then sponged with red and black. It tickles me how the Sakura clear glitter pen sparkled up the frogs eyes and toe nails!

Whew -- finally completed the inside of Kyle's card today (Jan 8 2013). I colored a large frog, cut it out, made a spring from some floral wire I had (wound it around a ring sizer), then used Scor Tape to get some good adherence for the spring, frog and inside card front.


The inside of the card is below :D






Thank you for looking!!!

6 comments:

  1. Great job Rosy! I recognize that image, lol. It's one of my favourites. You did a great job colouring and I love the card design. The googly eyes are just perfect. Super job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rosy, Just popped on to your blog and I adore this card for your Kyle. It's totally adorable and I love all the added touches with the googly eyes and glitter. Very very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely adorable, and your grandson will love it. Your froggy really popped off the card with his glittering eyes, and having him on a spring inside...genius! TFS and good luck in the Outlawz Challenge. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute and adorable card. Your grandson will love it and have so much fun looking at the frog jumping around.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so adorable! Love the focal image.....colored so beautifully, and the great frog on the spring. Had to chuckle at the googly eyes on the front.

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments really encourage me a TON! Mahalo nui loa!