Sunday, March 22, 2015

Three Tropical Thank You Cards

Whooo. It's been a while since I've posted.

I made cards for friends that helped with a recent yard sale. Bruce gave one away before I could get a picture, but here are three more.

I do love emboss resist. These two cards use distress inks over either platinum or black embossing powders. I kept all three cards as simple as possible (for me) and added a bit of ink to the envelopes.

After distressing, I sprayed some shimmer made from plain water mixed with Perfect Pearls. It helps run the colors together and add some interesting dimension. I do love this technique. It's fast, simple, and colorful.

Stamps: SU Million and One; platinum embossing powder






Black embossing powder:





This last card is an image from Unity called Olivia Girl. I used some Copic markers and tried not to blend too much. Over the colors I used Sakura Glitter pen in clear as well as Prismacolor color pencils. There's more texture than I can show with the camera. 





Thank you for not forgetting about me. My engine is running even slower
but I still get to the destination lol, just LOOOONG after
the rest of the crowd does ♥ Aloha ♥