Tuesday, April 7, 2015

A Thank You for Gail

One of our dear friends showed us her Christian love.Gail brought us a big dinner casserole and her elderly mother made us mango with apple sauce bread. It's so good!

I will enter this card into this week's MIUM Red, White, and Black challenge hosted by Donna.
I'm not sure if this is considered a step card, but I wanted an extra step to display the black lace border along the bottom. The red bar across the lace was made by taking a Memento marker and a ruler and using the brush end to draw a line above the lace. I stamped the branch in VersaMark first, then right into Gina K. Designs Black Onyx. I covered it with clear embossing powder and heated until all shiny. All the leaves are shiny. I punched a heart out of the red panel scrap, covered with VersaMark, sprinkled clear embossing powder over it, then added 3D Crystal over the heart to form a bubble of glass like cabochon. But it turned out a deep maroon red. I popped it on adhesive pop dot.

Rhinestones sprinkled here and there finish the front. More lace is stamped across the inside bottom with the sentiment "And the Greatest of These is Love."










Thank you to Gail, and to all my friends
who show us so much love
during the good times
and not so good.
Aloha ♥

4 comments:

  1. Oh my, what a sweet card!! I love all the elements, especially the beautiful heart!!! It's very simple, but so elegant and classy!! This is a perfect thank you card - the recipients will love it!!! Oh, and that bread sounds awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so gorgeous and I love the lovely stamps and colors used on it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great card. Love what you did as usual. :) Hugz from the rainy north.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful card Rosy. I love the lace stamp and the way you made the stand built in! Awesome job. (Hugs) :)

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments really encourage me a TON! Mahalo nui loa!