Thursday, May 24, 2018

25th Anniversary

Aloha, friends,

Talk about bated breath while waiting for this anniversary in particular, LOL. Earthquakes, volcanic eruptions, poisonous air, and our usual rocky health journeys... I woke up and thanked God for our day. I didn't want to celebrate until later in the evening because I felt nervous about this one.

If you enjoy watercolor and watching others paint, you may appreciate watching Maria Raczynska (click on her name) on YTube. I find her tutorials so soothing to watch and you can rewind them as you learn.


Watercolors: Kuratake Gansai Tambi 36 color set
Watercolor Paper Canson XL 140 lb Cold Press, 5" x 7"
Sketched out a Beach Scene
Cardstock: GKD White, Black, In the Navy
Stitched Oval Dies from Gina Marie
Adhesive foam tape; Scor Tape; Delicata Silver Ink (around the oval sentiment)

Inside is a poem I wrote with love and funnies from our lives together.  This is the first time I ever tried a watercolor scene like this. After 3 tries and 2 hours to finish, I could have ruined it more, but called it a day.





Mahalo for visiting!!!






9 comments:

  1. First of all congratulations on your anniversary. And the card you made is so very gorgeous. You are so talented. Bruce will love this card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your card! What a terrific palm tree! Bruce will be especially touched that you made such a special effort on his card, both inside and out. You are a very special lady, and I’m sure he knows that. Btw, I do watch Maria’s painting! Have you seen Rick Surowicz? (Sp?) I really like his watercolor style, and his totorials are fantastic. His voice is also very soothing ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary and I hope you have many, many more. This card is fantastic! The watercolor is beautiful! What a lovely scene!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Anniversary! Beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card, Rosy, and happy Anniversary! Bill and I will be renewing our vows this weekend (our 30th!) Be blessed, you two!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Anniversary to You ♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪ Happy Anniversary to You ♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸☼ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪ Happy Anniversary Rosy and Bruce, ♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪ Happy Anniversary to You! Congratulations!! Your card is beautiful and he will love it.


    ReplyDelete
  7. So sweet. So perfect! Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Anniversary! Your scene is fabulous. Hope things are settling down there

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats Rosy! Your piece is just beautiful. I love to paint but only acrylics and oils. I just do not have it in me to fiddle with watercolors. You really did it justice though!

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments really encourage me a TON! Mahalo nui loa!