Sunday, April 9, 2017

Hibiscus Card Set

Aloha dear friends,

I wanted to complete a little project today for some visiting friends. It's a set of 10 hibiscus cards with envelopes using the Emboss Resist method which I just love to do. I used Gina's same technique as before so I will be entering it into the current Product Release Challenge which is located HERE. I hope you will play along with us! I ordered several of the new stamp sets including the new kit - it's so stinkin' cute I just couldn't help it. 

If you saw yesterday's post, well, this is pretty much the same technique. Someone on Facebook asked me how to do it. Here is the link to Gina's video showing how she did it: Emboss Resist Using Softer Shades of Color. Be sure to enter your creation into the challenge using the tag RELEASE0417. 

I was in a hurry to get this done today before our friends left. Therefore, no sentiment on the front :( However, there is either a sea shell or a butterfly stamped inside each card matching the color on the front, as well as a rotation of images on the envelopes in the same colors as each card. I hope the pictures don't bore you to tears. I had tears only because my femur is just killing me today along with my back. But hey, whatever it takes and I got'er done! So thank you for looking my friends!

Products Used --
Stamp Sets: "Gifts from the Sea" and "Stately Flowers 4," both by Melanie Muenchinger for Gina K. Designs
Cardstock: GKD 120# white cardbase; Neenah Solar White 80# for the curved front layer
Inks: Distress Inks for coloring;Hibiscus are stamped with VersaMark and heat embossed using GKD White embossing powder.
Embossing Folder "Preserves" by Cuttlebug (comes in a set of four - I don't know if these are cherries or what, but the one looks like pears and so on)
Die: "Curved Edge" by Simon Says Stamp

I wanted these as flat as possible for ease of mailing. I forgot to include a book of stamps - my bad. But this was a last minute gift. I started late last night and finished up this morning. For me this is speed of light lol.


TEAL:




GRAPE:





PINK:




LIME:




LEMON:




THE COLLECTION:




TIED WITH A PALE LIME CHIFFON RIBBON:




Thank you for stopping by and taking a peek!!!
With much aloha ♥










1 comment:

  1. what an elegant set! Thanks for sharing your crafty creativity!

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments really encourage me a TON! Mahalo nui loa!