Friday, October 7, 2016

Up in the Sky, Butterfly!

Aloha!

How are you? It's been a very rough week here, but hey, still kicking!

I joined the current Online Card Class with Jennifer and Kristina & lots of fun others and it's called "Wild Card!!!" I love the way Laura Bassen sings it like Spongebob in her tutorials lol! She always cracks me up!

Come join in the fun if you can! There are five days of lots and lots of cool how-to tutorials for wild cards! We have til October 13 to create and upload. Today is Day 5 - as you can see, I am starting on the last day of the class (sigh, hard week).  Anyway, click HERE!!! to see the intro video. Likely you already have all the supplies on-hand so no worries about needing to buy anything new.

Day 1 -- Shapes, Openings and 3D Cards

I went with Shapes. My brain is mush so this seemed like the easiest way to begin creating. Technique: Partial Die Cutting. I traced the butterfly shape with a pencil, then fussy cut out one folded shape using GKD 120# white as the basic shape and inside of the card. I used Neenah Solar White 80# for the outer butterfly that die cut and colored with distress inks. After inking the outer butterfly, I glued it to the stronger white inner shape and added a few gems.


Die: Anna Griffin Butterfly
Cardstock: GKD 120# white and Neenah Solar White 80#
Distress Inks: Squeezed Lemonade, Worn Lipstick and Picked Raspberries
Adhesive: Art Institute Dries Clear
Gems: Want2Scrap mini Clear rhinestones, Teardrop Rhinestones; Clear Red dots by Cloud 9






Thank you for coming by to peek
and to leave some love!!!
Aloha dear ones!




6 comments:

  1. Your butterfly is glorious! Loving the water colors, so soft and beautiful! The gem accents are perfect! This is a great shaped card!!! Have fun in your class!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful, happy, colorful butterfly! Everything a butterfly should be and more. It'll spread its wings and fly to make someone very happy, I know! Can't wait to see your next project, Rosy! I had thought about doing the class. Oh well. HUGS!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, so pretty. Your colors are wonderful. Everyone loves butterflies, including me. And yes, Laura Bassen cracks me up too!!! XO~ Love how she sings, "Hot Mamma" every time she uses that ink color.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, my! How pretty is that butterfly with those glorious colors. And, I like how you added some bling to it as well. This is sure to bring some smiles and happy thoughts and propped up like that a great addition to a shelf display too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous butterfly! Love the details and bling! Glad to hear the new online course is going well. I was tempted!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely GORGEOUS, Rosy! Love the pretty colors, too. Wonderful card! Don't know how I missed this Online Card Class. Must've come by during the Hurricane.

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments really encourage me a TON! Mahalo nui loa!