Monday, September 26, 2016

Cheers to the Happy "Cupple"

Aloha!!

I want to say Arigato, Gracias, Merci, Danke, and Mahalo (all lots of thanks) to Verna A. for helping me to join the Coffee Loving Cardmakers Group. Whew! Was that ever a bumpy road, but she showed me how to get there!!! Thank you, Verna!!!!

Why did I want to join? I LOVE coffee! I love Kona Coffee. Once you taste it, there's no going back. But it's a treat for me because of the price - I only get it a few times per year, (and we grow it in our back yard)! I just cannot get up to pick the cherries or get them to a processor. But they are so pretty and today about half of them are deep red, ready for picking.

Our daughter is arriving tomorrow from Santa Rosa to keep on helping us de-clutter our decades of lives with raising kids and moving and traveling, and all the little things that just build up. I asked Bruce to buy her a pound of this wondrous Kona Coffee as a little gift to take back home to her hubby. I hope she can stay the full week because we need a lot of help (I'm beyond help).

The card is stamped using the "Coffee" Stamp Set from GKD designed by Claire Brennan. The images are stamped in deep brown ink and the teensie weensie flowers/dot background are stamped in a baby blue. I used the same brown ink to color the white seam binding to match the browns, then added brown and clear sequins. My fingers are now espresso color! I drew shelves with Memento Blue Markers. Wink of Stella covers the sugar cubes in the bowl ♥





Stamp Set: "Coffee" by Claire Brennan for GKD
Inks: Hero Arts "Cup o Joe" (seriously, that's the name) and "Soft Pool"
Background Ink is Memento "Desert Sand"
Background Stamp: SU "Script Irish Blessing"
Cardstock: GKD 120# white base; AC Royal Blue layering base
Sequins: Pretty Pink Posh "Espresso," "Clear," and "Aquamarine"





Mahalo to Verna for helping me!
Mahalo to each of you for stopping by!
With aloha ♥





20 comments:

  1. Wow...what a wonderfull card you made, glad you made it to th Coffee lovers blog hop toooo!!!
    Like the way you made the card with those helves and what is on it ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card. Nice vintage feel to it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rosy, this is so wonderful and well done. I just love how you used that set and your colors are awesome. So glad you could join and I think your colors are perfect for a fall card too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable card. I have this stamp set and still haven't used it. Need to do that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome to the hop! Your card is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I adore coffee too.....and am equally opportunity employer lol GREAT card, love the design and all of those lovely images! Loving all of the coffee/chocolate goodness!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this beautiful card! Coffee & cupcakes ... yes, please!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super cute card. I love that stamp set and have had my eye on it for some time. You may have inspired me to pick it up. LOVE your colors and the beautiful design. Perfect for coffee lovers everywhere!! And the cupcakes aren't too shabby either.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this card Rosy and I love any coffee theme stamps ! Great job !

    ReplyDelete
  10. So pretty and such a great design! I love Kona coffee too..... It's been so long since I've had it! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! Love these colours together, a terrific layout and your ribbon is such a rich, dark brown. I can only imagine what your fingers look like! Lol. Wonderful card. Have a terrific visit with your family, in between sortings-out.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's a clever sentiment! Love the shelf of yummies! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Now how fun is this?! I love that you guys grow coffee beans!
    Such an awesome card love the sweet sentiment. So glad that you're joining in the hop and that you're part of the FB group!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a lovely card! Coffee in your backyard....heavenly.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Super card Rosy. As a coffee drinker that is perfect, and love the colours. They make it so refreshing.
    sorry to not have been commenting but not around a computer much this summer at all and honestly has been wonderful :)

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments really encourage me a TON! Mahalo nui loa!