Sunday, July 3, 2016

I Love Your Moose-stash

Aloha!

I'll betcha it's hot wherever you are! It's hot here, ugh. Summers in Hawai'i is a real test. Most islanders go waaaay up north to Alaska or Yukon, other countries they are from, to escape the intense heat and humidity from July - September here. I don't blame them. I had hoped to grow up and be a snow bird, but we just don't fit into that financial planetary system. Just ain't happening. So this little bedroom ac has to do its best. Bruce is doing his best to fix up our house, too. Onward!!!

Thought it would be fun to create a manly, man card. First thing I thought of was a moose. Then I searched around and saw A Blog Named Hero is having a "Masculine" challenge this month.

This is pretty basic: plain card base, layered pattern paper, used color pencils to color, then fussy cut a moose, cut slit under his nose, adhere a black embossed mustache under his nose. The sentiment is a strip of white with two stitched dies embossed across the borders. Finished it with some Perfect Pearls to look like black pearls and 3D Crystal Lacquer (his eye balls).

Stamp Sets: Hero Arts "Heydey Sentiments" and "Missing You"
Dies: Paper Smooches Stitched
Cardstock: GKD 120# white (my fav of all card base cardstock); AC Black; Neenah 80# white
(I don't remember which company this plaid paper comes from-just in my stash)
VersaFine Black ink; Clear Embossing Powder by Ranger
3D Crystal Lacquer, Perfect Pearls Onyx Black



Many Mahalos for stopping by and leaving your love ♥
PS  Bruce pretty much laughs at everything I make.
He understands my kind of humor.
Aloha!!!