Monday, June 13, 2016

Desert Arrangement


It's me again - aloha! Over the last few weeks I've been coloring. Little by little, I put the pieces into cards. This is a Hero Arts stamp set filled with all kinds of succulent plants that I stamped and cut masks for, then piled them on top of each other to create a desert-type plant arrangement in a clay pot.

Coloring quiets the inner soul. (And in the loooong run, it's even cheaper than therapy! So COLOR ON, especially when life happens and you just have to turn off the news.)

While I cannot recall which pattern paper pack the background is from, it does have some brush strokes for a texture-like look, but quiet and simple.

I took a long time stamping, masking, cutting, stamping, masking, cutting, then coloring until my heart's content. I hoped this to be a masculine card to surprise a friend who is also a stamper at STV but his age and health are really restricting him and hope this will bring a smile to his heart. Cause that's why we make cards. We send smiles across the miles to all our buddies, connected by the invisible thread of cardmaking. It's a love that is real, palpable, and lessens the loneliness we all feel, especially after losing a mate like our stamping buddy this is going to.

Stamp Set: Hero Arts "Stamp Your Own Succulents" (yes, it's really called that)
Cardstock by GKD
Image and background colored with Copic markers (BGs and YGs, Gs, Es, Cool Grays and a couple Bs) (no, I don't keep track. it's a hobby, not a profession) Use the Blender Marker to create white swirlies or dots in your background for some interest.

Here is a link to see this ultra cool stamp set that you can combine any which way you want to: HA Stamp Your Own Succulents





With lots of aloha to each one of you. 
Spread the love and mail your cards to make hearts smile ♥


5 comments:

  1. I saw this card on STV and thought it was so beautiful I had to read the details. I was surprised the background was designer paper. It looks hand made. You did an awesome job of stamping, cutting, masking and coloring. I'm sure your friend will appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, beautiful coloring here. All your hues are so rich, and all your shading is perfect. I love the design, and the background paper is wonderful. Really outstanding card!!! Oh, and I love how you rounded the corners too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful arrangement and beautiful coloring

    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely succulents! Your colouring is really fabulous, Rosy! I laughed to read that you didn't keep track of which Copics you've used. Lol. Yes, this IS a hobby--not a profession ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful again Rosy. You are so talented girl.

    Hugz.

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments really encourage me a TON! Mahalo nui loa!