Monday, June 20, 2016

A Cure For Insomnia?

Aloha good buddies,

I'm falling farther and farther behind in the SCS challenges for the weekend. I'm still on Friday night's themes....heave a sigh. Today was "Hey, let's spend hours troubleshooting the TV cable box again, cause the other 100 hours in the past 3 months really was not quite enough :(((( (lots of sadz faces). We get another new cable box tomorrow. For now, we can watch the news. YAY.

The challenge for this card is for Polly's "Things That Jump." Took some thought to come up with an idea. I worked on it a minute here, a minute there, here a minute, there a minute, everywhere a minute, minute...Old MacRosy had a farm. EEE Aye EEE Aye OH!

The only fence die I have is super thin and too dainty. Then I remembered I had a never-used fence embossing folder - Yes! I inked up some swirly hills and the grass between the fence posts on the "debossed" side of the folder so the stakes would still be white. You can see the swirls from the direct to folder with the ink :)

I stamped and cut out the sheepies, then popped them to look like they were jumping over the fence and on over the hills. Finding the sentiment was a toughie!!! But I found something online and tweaked it, then printed and die cut it out. Looking back, I wish I would have numbered each sheep, like 1,000,978 and so on... But I'm pooped from the day.

Warning: If you lack a sense of humor, only look at the first photo and do not scroll down to the second. After seeing my card... I decided to add a detail to the envelope and the card that only some people might think is funny....like me :D

Stamp Set: "Barnyard Babies" by Stampin' Up
Cardstock: GKD Jellybean Green & Neenah Solar White
Inks: Copic Markers, Memento Inks & Memento black marker
(Hey, look - no sparkles, not even wink of stella!)
The die is from ... I'll catch it next time I can get up. Right now, I can't move lol.

Numero Uno




Only the brave should scroll farther...


Numero Dos





Welluh, I did warn you.


Thank you for your sweet comments
and for visiting!!!
Much aloha! ♥


6 comments:

  1. Hahaha this is the BEST! Not the insomnia part but the whole entire concept. Love your sheep....ALL of your sheep and the coordinating envelope! I get super silly when I am sleep deprived, this is a HOOT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh brother, you are too funny, Rosy!! And you have a lot of moxie!!! Those little sheep are so stinkin' CUTE!!! Great card, and great tongue-in-cheek joke!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha! That is so cute and funny. You sure are creative to create such a neat scene. And, I love the envelope especially. That will be sure to give smiles. I love your sheep jumping over your embossed fence too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a hoot!!! Love your sense of humor. Those little sheepies are just too darn cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute sheep! Even if you are behind, you are doing great with what you have completed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your creativeness and use of the folder. I laughed at your second card...my kind of humor LOL

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments really encourage me a TON! Mahalo nui loa!