Sunday, April 17, 2016

Gina and the Great Divide!

Aloha!

It's a wonderful day in the neighborhood ♫ cause I was able to make a card and play along in StampTV Great Divide Release Party Challenge!  I hope you were able to play, too!

She asked us to cut the layers into a piece or several pieces, any way we wish. I chose a simple angle, two layers. I cut a sliver of gold mirror card as a dividing accent (the great divide part) as well as some Japanese gold cording.

The flower is heat embossed with clear embossing powder, then sponged with distress inks. I masked the flower and splattered plain water over the red background. It was cut, mounted on black with about 1/8th inch all around both pieces.

Using the homemade 2nd most incredible stamping tool invented LOL, I stamped the vertical sentiment and then scattered some gold rhinestones using MMM to secure them to the card.

I messed up the first card and lost the second try. Third time? OK! I hope you have a wonderful week ahead ♥

Stamp Set: "Bold Blooms" (Rebecca Oehlers) and "Vertical Greetings2" (Theresa Momber) both by GKD
Inks: VersaMark, VersaFine black, Delicata gold
Distress Inks in Spun Sugar, Worn Lipstick and Fired Brick
Cardstock by GKD white, AC cardstock black, SU mirror gold cardstock
"Mizuhiki" gold cording from Japan; Art Beads gold rhinestones; Ranger Clear Embossing Powder
Scor Tape and Multi Matte Medium (MMM)




Thank you for looking!
With lots of aloha ♥