Sunday, November 22, 2015

Friends Are A Blessing!!!

Each one of you and so many more who don't even know I have a blog, or who have time to stop by - each friend is TRULY a blessing and dear to me!

If I could I would make each one of you an individualized set of stationery! We made new friends this week who came over to encourage us. As a little gift, I wanted to make a card and simple set of stationery. And I used the latest autumn set/kit from Gina K. Designs! Yippeeee!

Ok, made a boo boo smearing the sentiment ink. At first the card was taped off with Post It Note tape so that the sentiment would have the middle white space. VersaFine says it "dries fast" and well, it didn't this time. Last night my heat tool broke (argh, argh ARGH) and let this air dry. It smeared. I cut a strip of white card stock and inked the edges in Delicata Gold, restamped the sentiment, cut Fun Foam and used Scor Tape to adhere this new strip to the card :/  Boo boos...


Stamp Set: Gina K. Designs "Autumn Wishes" and American Crafts "Marian" alphabet
Inks: VersaFine "Onyx Black," "Sepia Brown," SU "Pear Pizzazz," "Certainly Celery," "Baked Brown Sugar," "Cherry Cobbler," and "Crushed Curry" and Delicata "Golden Glitz"
Memento Marker: Bamboo, Cantaloupe, London Fog, Lady Bug, Desert Sand (thumped the tree)
Wink of Stella Clear (on the berries)
Cardstock: Neenah Solar White
Fun Foam, white; Scor Tape
Envelopes: Desktop Publishing Supplies #57960-100 *** Are you always looking for quality, inexpensive envelopes? See below.


*** I love these envelopes - they are SMOOTH, crisp folds, not too thin, and most importantly, have a wax protective strip that you pull off when ready to use. The humidity in Hawai'i does not ruin the glue on these and no need to lick! And, they come in a sturdy storage box. I have the square back 24 lb x 100/box $8.95 ***

Link to a variety of "Desktop" great envelopes!




Thank you card for our new friends:





Set of 14 cards and 16 envelopes for them. The front has two score lines along the bottom, a multi color tree (thumped with Memento Markers), "B" with VersaFine Sepia, 
inside of cards have a leaf stamped in corner, one of three colors:




Close up of "thumped" tree and initial:



Mahalo for stopping by and big hugs
 for always being there
to cheer me on ♥


8 comments:

  1. Oh, so very beautiful! I am sure this will be so appreciated. I am thinking of making a set of note cards for a gift too! You are inspiring me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Rosie. Glad you were able to mask the boo boo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Rosy, what a thoughtful and beautiful thing to do. Your new friends will be blown away by your lovely gift. Love the thumping effect on your trees, just so pretty. And that monogram stamp is gorgeous. I tried to find it on the American Crafts website with no luck. Can you tell me more about it. I think it would be so useful. Love your thankful card too. Gorgeous colors!!! Well done my dear!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there my lovely friends! Judy - This is the stamp set I use for the monogram cards. There are two very different sets in one: classic serif and decorative serif. I believe I found my set for sale unused on EBay for about $10 free ship. It was oh, so worth it! There is another company called Maara who makes "Simply Stationery" round decorative images to go around the monograms, also smaller embellishments to add (fleur de lis and scrolls). I hope that helps :D Thank you for stopping by everyone!!!

      Delete
  4. Very impressive set of cards! Love the fall theme and the personalized touch. I have done the exact kind of "boo boo", and fixed it up the same way ;). Thanks for the tip about the envelopes--I'll see if they're available here in Canada. I get mine at Staples, in boxes of 250, but you have to lick the envelopes :P. Ps. Love your thumped tree!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW you are a creating machine! LOVE your Blessings card, the split images look so beautiful! Your monogram set is beautiful too! Oh fabulous envelopes--we have the humidity issues here on Cape Cod too....I usually just take my bone folder and try to slip it under to release the glue, sometimes it works....I like your envies better! Happy Thanksgiving!!!

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments really encourage me a TON! Mahalo nui loa!