Friday, November 20, 2015

A Mushroom Birdie House?

Hi there friends,

Cast off! (not like in let's catch a fish, but like my arm is in a simple brace lol!!!!)

Now I can wiggle my fingers - whooot!

So when do birds live in a mushroom? Give up? When I'm playing in a Lawnscaping Challenge (doh)! I don't have a Lawn Fawn bird house, so this will have to do.

Lawn Fawn is having a IN WITH THE OLD challenge and this was one of the first sets I purchased from them. Beyond time to get this inky!

I have not used my Copic markers in a very long time either. We just can't have that. I am sending this card to a dear friend who moved away from Hawai'i back to Idaho (brrrrr)! The sentiment was taken from two Lawn Fawn sets because I didn't use the gnome and that said "Gnome sweet gnome." So I used the 'tape off' technique over the rest of the stamp and just used a word from two sets (see below).

The background sky is a watercolor using Zig Clean Color Brush "Cobalt Blue." Boy, these brushes are very saturated!! First time to use these, too. If you have not tried the sequins and shiny shapes from Lucy's Cards, take a peek: Pretty Shaped Sequins & Mini Beads


Stamp Sets: Lawn Fawn "Gnome Sweet Gnome" and "Sweet Smiles" {the inside sentiment was a free stamp set from Dani that has a little "Love" and a small rose :D squeeee)
Dies: Mama Elephant "Basic Dies" set (banner and scalloped border)
Copic Markers
Inks: Delicata Gold ("Sweet" in the sentiment), and VersaFine "Smoky Gray" and "Sepia Brown," and SU "Watermelon Slush"
Fussy Cutting
Shiny Bits of sequins and beads - "Lucy's Things" in English Rose
Wink of Stella and Diamonds Stickles
Signo White Gel Pen
Adhesive Foam





(Peek at the simple inside)






I hope you know how much your comments
make me smile, inside and out!
Thank you for taking the 
time to say "Aloha!"



8 comments:

  1. Definitely a cute and adorable card. You are in top shape still with card making skills. And, so happy you have the cast off, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute! Love that sweet mushroom house. Happy that you are free of the cast. Have a great weekend. We are supposed to get some snow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your idea of a mushroom for a bird house is so darn cute, I can't hardly stand it! The inside of the card is a special and very nice touch. I am also glad you are now without your cast and can wiggle you fingers. That must feel great. I live just north of Sharyn. We got snow, lots of white stuff, so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute card! I like the mushroom for a birdhouse.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, how utterly sweet. That is the cutest toadstool ever. And those little birdies just make me smile. So happy you are somewhat functioning again and can color. You did it beautifully here!!! Very nice little card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. And wiggle you have done! Such a bright fun card! I love the birdbath with it's sparkle and that awesome 'birdhouse' toadstool! I also am very impressed with you finishing off the inside and making a matching envelope! Look at you go! Fabulous card! So happy the cast is off and you have movement....YAY! xo~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute one Rosy Makes an adorable card hugz

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is adorable! Love the mushroom house--it's so cute! Congrats on getting your cast off!!!

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments really encourage me a TON! Mahalo nui loa!