Thursday, July 30, 2015

Stamped Tiles, By the Sea

Gina made a video (link follows below) about stamping on tiles, which seems like a long time ago. Bruce brought me home a few tiles back then, so I could try her technique. They have sat on a table by our bed ever since. Well, sing the song "Finally-It's Happened To Me" by CeCe Penniston cause I FINALLY made the tiles! And they were so easy peasy, too.

Wipe off some unfinished tiles and use StazOn inks to stamp whatever images you would like. Then I carefully used alcohol markers and a PITT white artist pen marker to gently add color. Next, (place an old newspaper or a bill you don't want to pay under the tiles) take a little sand paper or block and sand off the images a bit to give them a rugged, distressed and used feel and soften up the intense line images. Voila! Wipe off all the dust from the sanding and add some little adhesive feet of your choice (felt, silicone, googly eyes, whatever). Done. Try it yourself - makes unique and fun gifts for friends!

Stamp Sets: I used some beachy images from GKD, There She Goes Again, Stampin' Up. (No, you will not break out into hives if you combine stamps by different companies.) StazOn ink stains - be sure you protect your work surface. I cleaned all the stamps with StazOn Cleaner, then cleaned well before storing.

Thank you for the video tutorial Gina!!! 
Click HERE to watch Gina's video ♥










Aloha and thank you for 
coming by and leaving your kind comments!!!


9 comments:

  1. Rosy these are stunning! Thanks for sharing the great details.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love them!! Are you sure you didn't get hives? LOL, you are too funny

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rosy, I LOVE how these turned out! Very professional looking. Do you have to put a finish over the top to seal them? I hope you actually use them, as they should be displayed!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! These are super amazingly lovely! I love the designs on them and how you distressed them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! These are super amazingly lovely! I love the designs on them and how you distressed them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have been wanting to do this for ages. Can Bruce get me some tiles? Love, these beautiful tiles and your beachy scenes. So glad you don't break out in hives when you mix stamps (you are tooo funny).

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are just beautiful, my dear. I have been wanting to try this, and now I MUST go get some tiles. I think they would be pretty mounted on the wall. That way you don't run the risk of having the images rub off, even though you fixed them with spray. I love the colors you have used......really, really nice!!! And your post cracked me up - you are too funny!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love these, Super and of course the sense of humour is always fun, keep it up Rosy Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh they came out FABULOUS!!! I have made some of these as well, compliments of Gina! lol Not only do they work as coasters, but you can also hang them as ART! (you're welcome!) ;)

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments really encourage me a TON! Mahalo nui loa!