Monday, April 6, 2015

Zoo Crew Bookmarks for Paper Smooches Challenge

Hi friends,

I had to break out of the A2 card syndrome :) and made five bookmarks for little ones we know. The images are so CUTE!!!! I hope to play with them again soon - I love their eye balls!!

The coloring is simple, with just a touch of shading on and under the animals.. On the giraffe, I made it look like he just ate 1/2 of a bract of leaves - I'm having too much fun. I didn't want to draw rocks with the camel, so drew a pyramid with a ruler and Pigma Micron Pen behind the camel. The pyramids are made of rock, I think?  I made all their tails, ears or mouths look like they are shaking, chewing or twitching. To finish off the bookmarks, I made some red hearts float up from each character.

Entered into: Paper Smooches Anything Goes Challenge

Stamp Set: Paper Smooches "Zoo Crew"
Colored with Copic Markers
Signo White Gel Pen, Wink of Stella (clear), Sakura Red glitter pen
Memento Inks
Adhesive Foam Tape
Cropadile Punch, silver eyelets, Twine Memory Keepers






Aloha and thank you for commenting on
these little bookmarks!

12 comments:

  1. OMGee these are the most adorable things I have ever seen.....super creative and cute bookmarks! I hope the kiddos were pleased cuz these are just too stinking cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are so darling and cute! I love all of them. The kids should love them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are fantastic! I've had a bit of a downer day, and these just made me smile! The kids will certainly love them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute! I love those Paper Smooches critters. Great Bookmarks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice to take a break from cards, and make cute animals on these bookmarks. Love the Google eyes and the fond on the words. Great job. The kids should love these.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute. What a great way to encourage kids to read. Your pyramid is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely Adorable, Know what you are saying about the A2. My frame of mind, but never thought of bookmarks. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMGosh - these just make me smile all over my face! Those images are beyond adorable, every single one of them. Love your backgrounds too, so happy, happy, happy!!! I think my favorite is the camel with the pyramid behind. The kiddos are gonna love these!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Saw your tag featured on the Paper Smooches FB page as one of our "FB Featured Players" from this challenge--- congrats!

    WOWOWZA! I love these tags/bookmarks! Great design and inking--- LOVE LOVE LOVE!

    THANKS so much for joining in the fun and playing along with us over at PSS! Hope you play along again soon:) HUGS <3 Sav

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! These are so cool! Love each of them... Did you use masking paper?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aloha Bertille, I tried to find you on Google to answer you directly - and I'll try on Facebook, too ♥ I did not use any masking paper. I just blended the skies to the grass gently to overlap. The giraffe is eating one of the fronds but I just used my fingers to wipe off the ink from half of the frond, then stamped it. It looks like I masked it but really just removed part of the ink so half is sticking out of his mouth. Thank you for leaving some love!!!

      Delete

Your kind comments really encourage me a TON! Mahalo nui loa!