Monday, April 13, 2015

You and My Sun and Moon Shine

Hi there dear friends! Doesn't this almost look like an eclipse with a major solar flare? It didn't start out that way.

Well, I'm at it again, second try for the AVERY ELLE I♥U Watercolor Challenge, cause if at first you don't succeed, well, you know. I want to throw my first one in the garbage but it took too long to make.

This one is a watercolor as I used distress inks, water and soaked the paper. Being absorbent water color paper, the colors didn't run like it would on regular cardstock (livin' and learnin,') The Sun portion of the round punch is covered with distress ink but I wanted to highlight the aqua in the design. Aqua Moon - sounds pretty anyway. Then I cut out the same size circle, but covered it with Perfect Pearls Gold and water, then painted the crescent. I used the Perfect Pearls watercolor mixture to add strips of gold to the card and vellum. Finally, I added Dew Drops and a lot of 3D Crystal Lacquer to the sun and the moon.

Avery Elle "Bright Days" stamp set
Distress Inks: Salty Ocean, Peacock Feathers, Mustard Seed, Peeled Paint
Water spritzer and paint brushes
Gold Perfect Pearls
Vellum
GKD 120# cardstock- white, wild dandelion, black onyx
Strathmore 140# watercolor paper
3D Crystal Lacquer
Dew Drops
Multi Matte Medium
Adhesive Foam, Scor Tape, Corner Rounder, Turquoise grossgrain ribbon





I love it when you stop by!!!
Thank you for your comments ♥

9 comments:

  1. Don't you DARE throw ANY of your wonderful cards in the garbage!!! Your last one was very pretty, as is this one. The soft blending of the watercolour background turned out super! And I LOVE the "eclispe/solar flare"! So eye-catching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cool. I think it is perfect and love the cheery colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is awesome. I love the way you created the son/moon. Such a bright and cheerful card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is GORGEOUS!!! I love your colors, very well blended for being opposites on the color spectrum. I love your focal too, again, just gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super fun colors and design.

    Hugs diane

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fantastic card a cool colors too! Great job Rosy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. First of all, both of your projects are GORGEOUS!! I'm so glad you submitted both of them! This is definitely my favorite of the two - I am in love with that striking sun/moon image!! Super cool! Thanks so much for playing along with the AEI♥U Challenge - we're so glad you did!

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments really encourage me a TON! Mahalo nui loa!