Thursday, April 9, 2015

Surf's Up !!!! Paper Pieced VW Van

Boy, have I been wanting to ink these stamps up. The card is for a friend's hubby who just loves to surf. I can't wait to surprise him when Bruce delivers it for me. His wife is so sweet, so hopefully I can make something special just for her soon. We have lots of anniversaries coming up that I would enjoy making cards for

I had to perform card "surgery" as I first used flower dp on the VW van. The more I looked at it, the more it looked like a lady's van. Bob is definitely a manly man so I dug deeper in the dp and found him a manly man plaid to paper piece his vehicle. He won't have a clue. It's popped up on adhesive foam dots for the added dimension. Sketched in the "v" gulls, coconuts for one tree, and the exclamation point :)

Stamp Set: Avery Elle "Surf's Up"
Inks all by Copic Markers, no sponging this time
Wink of Stella Clear, Signo White Gel Pen
Silver Chalk Marker, Galaxy? Not sure, but I love how opaque it covers!
Designer Paper for van by Gina K. Designs






Thank you for taking the time to look
and leave a sweet comment!
With aloha ♥


8 comments:

  1. No worries there, that is a manly man van lol Well done! Such a nice carefree scene love the DUDE too! He'll love it.....you're so thoughtful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH this is so cute Rosy! I love the plaid van!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool van and very manly too. I am sure he will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! Your Copic coloring is sure wonderful, and I'm sure your surfer friend is going to love it, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your plaid van - that would be a real eye catcher in real life!! Such a fun card, it just makes me smile - and so will your friend's hubby. Such a fun card!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your surfs up card Rosy! It is definitely beach weather here! Hope you are doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great guy card Rosy and as usual super work from a super lady. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card Rosy, the waves and the coloring almost steal the show away from the van. I said almost. Love this special manly card.

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments really encourage me a TON! Mahalo nui loa!