Thursday, April 9, 2015

Surf's Up !!!! Paper Pieced VW Van

Boy, have I been wanting to ink these stamps up. The card is for a friend's hubby who just loves to surf. I can't wait to surprise him when Bruce delivers it for me. His wife is so sweet, so hopefully I can make something special just for her soon. We have lots of anniversaries coming up that I would enjoy making cards for

I had to perform card "surgery" as I first used flower dp on the VW van. The more I looked at it, the more it looked like a lady's van. Bob is definitely a manly man so I dug deeper in the dp and found him a manly man plaid to paper piece his vehicle. He won't have a clue. It's popped up on adhesive foam dots for the added dimension. Sketched in the "v" gulls, coconuts for one tree, and the exclamation point :)

Stamp Set: Avery Elle "Surf's Up"
Inks all by Copic Markers, no sponging this time
Wink of Stella Clear, Signo White Gel Pen
Silver Chalk Marker, Galaxy? Not sure, but I love how opaque it covers!
Designer Paper for van by Gina K. Designs






Thank you for taking the time to look
and leave a sweet comment!
With aloha ♥