Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Hydrangea Pencil Sketch with Watercolors

Aloha dear friends,

I am trying to learn how to sketch. I watch Lindsay at The Frugal Crafter on YouTube. She is SO inspiring and easy to follow and instill confidence in her viewers that even WE can do what she does!! You can watch her video HERE. I hope you can find the time to watch her video and give this a try. I even copied her writing the word "Ball" across the jar :)

WHOOPS - my finalized photo has one more tiny blue dew drop in the lower right corner for the 'three' thing!!! Just pretend you see it.

Strathmore Cold Watercolor Paper 140#
Derwent Watercolor Pencils
Sentiment by Hero Arts "Friendship Messages" (I love it when I can use older stamp sets, don't you?)
Dew Drops, Rhinestones, SB tag die
White cardbase by GKD 120# Pure Luxury; blue layer was something in my stash




Thank you always for stopping by and cheering me onward!!!!




8 comments:

  1. Beautifully done! I'm impressed...keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is awesome and yes, she is a great teacher indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...you just drew this?? And coloured it? I am very impressed! I've never had the courage to try this and so applaud your courage. It turned out beautifully! Love how you wrote "ball" on the jar, too. I must check out that video...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you are taking your talent to another level. This is so sweet and beautiful done by you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome Rosy. For me, a straight line with a ruler is a challenge, so will stick to colouring things in for a while. ;) Hugz Miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, well DONE my dear. You have done this perfectly. I LOVE Lindsay and watch her all the time. So much inspiration in her videos, I wish I had just a thumb nail of her talent. I am so impressed with your creation!!! Now I have to go watch her video - thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so well done Rosy...love it! I haven't heard of Lindsay...I will have to check her out sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is awesome. Lindsay also inspired me to try watercoloring backgrounds and flowers. So far I still start with a stamp! God for you...drawing your own!

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments really encourage me a TON! Mahalo nui loa!