Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Breast Cancer Awareness at StampTV

First time for a FLIP card. I purchased the circle and the label flip it dies from SU. This is the circle. I will say that when I make anymore of these, I will just pre-adhere the pattern papers to the card base because cutting out each custom layers is TOOOOO hard (slaps forehead)!

Cardstock, pattern papers and stamp set by Gina K. Designs, "Strength and Hope, designed by Theresa Momber.

It was a very fun card in that I combined different techniques that I don't use all the time --  RECIPE is a bit complex, but will explain the details and how to's:

The focal butterfly was stamped in VersaMark then brushed Perfect Pearls in Pink, Blue (which combined to purples), and gold for the ribbon in the middle of the butterfly. The colors are iridescent and change as you move the card!!! I covered the ribbon with 3D Crystal Lacquer for soft, epoxy like finish. There's a pink rhinestone hidden in the center of the lacquer ribbon.

Below the focal image is a Quilled Butterfly :) with 2 mini pink rhinestones for antennae.

In the top right of the front card you will see a pink glitter ribbon. That started out stamped in Tuxedo Black ink - the large ribbon stamp from the set, then fussy cut it out. I used a paint brush and covered the top with Mod Podge, sprinkled pink glitter and dried. Then I took a black marker and covered the edges of the ribbon to really pop the pink glitter up. I covered the entire pink glitter ribbon with 3D Crystal Lacquer so it's clear, shiny and raised up. It's EASY to make your own embellishments.

The sentiments are stamped in Delicatta Gold Ink. They stay gold and glittery. The back of the card has 3 pink rhinestones in the upper left corner and the word "HOPE", and another 3 tiny pink rhinestones beneath it.

I added white gel pen stitching and dots all around the margins.

Another difficult part of this card was to line the pattern papers up the right way because there is a right side up on both papers. I messed that up the first time - we can't have upside hearts or mis-matched patterns, can we?

I do love this card. When you pull or push the sides, the center circle with the butterfly and word "Hope" flip around. You can have up to four different scenes depending on how you fold and set the card down!!!

I don't want to lose any more friends to cancer, and this month we highlight and encourage everyone to keep checking - you never know when you might feel or see something not quite right. GET IT CHECKED! This includes MEN.


Front of card, with crease to stand up tall --



Close up of Perfect Pearl Shimmer on butterfly, and 3D Crystal Effects on ribbon --



Close up of BACK of card (the circle flips around) --




Final look at the front of the card :)


Many thanks for stopping by and leaving your ever sweet comments ♥


5 comments:

  1. Rosy, I saw this card at Stamp TV and came here to get the details on how you made it. I think it's absolutely gorgeous! This is a significant month, and it's important EVERYBODY get checked! I might mention here, you don't necessarily have to feel it for something bad to be there. Just had to say that. I love you, gal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous card you created and I can see where it was lots of work involved. But the end result is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! This is awesome! I admire your willingness to attempt these harder techniques! I certainly have never attempted this...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful card! Your ribbon turned out FABULOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all three of these cards you have made... The fishy one is my favorite... Hope the storm wasn't to bad for you!!

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments really encourage me a TON! Mahalo nui loa!