Monday, April 14, 2014

Peach Rose


Aloha dear friends,

This is my first time using Neenah Solar White layering weight card. Ok, I LOVE it. It is very smooth, very white and seems to be much better quality compared to Georgia Pacific. This is a large card for me, a 5" x 7" - I usually make A2 size cards. But I wanted to have lots of room to 'play.' 

Stamp Set: Stately Flowers 6 by Melanie Muenchinger for Gina K. Designs
Embossing Folder: Anna Griffin "Poppy"
Pearls: Want2Scrap
Ribbon is from my stash, but is 1-1/2" peach organza.

The rose is colored using Copic markers, then gently swished Wink of Stella clear glitter brush over parts of it for shimmer. I made the stick pin by adding clear adhesive to the pin, sliding up some different pearls, topping with a tiny amber rhinestone and used Crystal Accents in between each pearl. I cut off the pointed end of the stick pin with wire cutters so it doesn't hurt anyone. I colored the cut point with a Sharpie Gold marker.













Thank you very much for stopping by ♥