Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Almost at the finish line

Pant pant pant...

We are nearing the end of a month long challenges run at SCS Hope You Can Cling To journey. I will upload the last few I've made, just to save us time and typing :)

1. Blue Suede (shoes) Slingback Pumps!

Yes, this was for a challenge based on any of Elvis' songs. Used the Sakura glitter pen on the heels and shoe lining. Thank you to Kyra Scrapycat at STV for sending me her gifts of GKD Ocean Mist Ink and Ribbon which matches my GKD Ocean Mist buttons perfectly. Ahhh. Matchy matchy.
I also touched the glitter pen to all the smallest circles on the dp, and along the borders of the wonky rectangle and sentiment. It's really sparkly IRL. {Stamp Set: You've Got Style by GKD}




2. Sparkles in my heart in this Floral. Stamps by GKD, a la Theresa Momber with "Aloha" stamp set. I colored the flowers with Copics, then dusted the tops of everything with Stickles Diamond glitter and on the leaf, Lime Glitter. I simply embossed the card with Sizzix Birds (and Wreath) EF. Finally, I dotted the stamen with Viva Gold Pen dots. I do love sparkles! So I gave the birdie a little blue rhinestone eye :* {Stamp Set: Aloha by GKD}











3. While this is not for the SCS HYCCT challenges, it is for a friend living in Indonesia. She is superbly artistic and I sent her some PSX, Northwoods, and D. Morgan scenic stamps to play with. Hope you like them Dina!  ♥ {I think this stamp by is Precious Moments, sorry I can't remember for sure} Doesn't she remind you of the Little House on the Prairie Show?






4. Who doesn't like Winnie the Pooh? Esp Classic Pooh? I thought this could cheer up someone coping with the treatment for breast cancer, bring back memories from long ago.
It's very simply colored, sponged in clouds, used a tree stamp from a recent GKD set, and added dry embossing to the background dp. I had some dark chocolate brown pearls and the silk blue Maya Arts ribbon as embellies. HANG ON POOH AND PIGLET! {Stamp Set: Touch the Sky by All Night Media}





5. Riley Riley Riley. You daredevil you. Isn't he fun? I colored with Copics and added Stickles diamonds as big, snowball size snow flakes dumping onto him. He is a beginner skier but took the Black Diamond Lifts... This can't end well. I love the inside sentiment -- "Yeah, I don't have one of those." {Stamp Set: Ski Riley by Riley & Co.} Handtyped and printed the sentiments.










6. Finally, there is a mixed media card to share. Throwing caution to the wind, I reached for whatever was close and not used much. So this is the first time breaking open both the natural Mica flakes and the A/C duct tape from Home Depot (thanks honey). I embossed the sentiment (Darice Border Sentiments) onto AC tape, and after adhering the AC tape to cardstock, I cut it with Cheery Lynn Exotic Butterfly #3 Medium (whew) die cut. Then I rubbed on paste in dark green and gold to the dp and both the sentiment and to the butterfly, added a few turquoise gems for color. Lastly, I sprayed fixative over the top to hopefully adhere the mica flakes permanently. The flakes went on top of Glossy Accents. The butterfly is popped on foam.







I know this is a lot to look at and try to absorb.
Thank you ever so much for
stopping by and leaving your tender comments!!!
Aloha

7 comments:

  1. Love that butterfly!! Sparkly goodness :) Way to go, to break out and try multi-media!! I'm afraid to even go there...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rosy such gorgeous cards! I especially like the Precious Moments and Winnie the pooh ones! You sure have been busy, busy! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rosy what beautiful cards! They are all special and well done! Love them all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What beautiful cards Rosy, you have put so much work into all of them. I love your mixed media card. Hugs, Jen x
    Krafty Keepsakes

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely amazingly lovely cards.You are so talented. I can see how very busy you have been but even though so busy you put all you can into making them so lovely. And, that last butterfly one is gorgeous. Thanks for showing us all of these beauties!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW !!!! love them all but a Pooh fan. My three year old granddaughter wonders why Gramma has pooh and his friends in a wagon. :) You do such beautiful work my friend. hugz

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your cards, but my jaw dropping favorite is the Mica & metal background for your beautiful butterfly card!

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments really encourage me a TON! Mahalo nui loa!