Sunday, September 8, 2013

Moon Rise

I love Theresa Momber's tutorials on sponging a variety of scenery. She can blend colors like nobody's business.

This is for Ann's "I Spy" VSN Challenge over at SplitcoastStampers Website. The VSN this month is about opposites. So I spied a dark sky with a bright moon rising. Using Theresa's sponging technique in my humble way, I tried to recreate an ocean scene with stars twinkling above. Yes, I have a long, long way to go but the more steps we put forth forward, the closer  to the goals we get, Yes? Sitting still doesn't get us any closer to achieving :*

Stamp Sets by Theresa Momber, "Aloha" and "Tropical Nature." Both available at GKD.
Pure Luxury cardstock available at GKD.
Memento inks and markers used, as well as Signo White gel pen for stars and waves.
Cuttlebug Twig embossing folder
Pop dots to lift the panel from the card.


Moon Rise



Thank you dear ones for looking!




4 comments:

  1. Rosy, this is beautiful. I have been wanting to try this and after reading your inspirational words above, I will do it. You did a masterful job of creating that moon and sky and your water is amazing. Got to get me one of those white pens. Really cool effect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your sponged ocean scene is lovely! You're right, it is something you have to practice to get good at. I have watched Theresa's videos many times. lol I bought her farm set because my husband wants a scene with a barn, so that is my next project. Getting back to your picture, I love the twinkling stars and the waves....beautiful colors and great design. You have a winner there! Hope your day is happy! It is extremely hot and humid here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A gorgeous scene...so inviting and peaceful looking too. I need to start in on scenes again myself. Been over a month since I last did one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an absolutely stunning card Rosy, I think this is something that I might try out myself. Hugs, Jen x
    Krafty Keepsakes

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments really encourage me a TON! Mahalo nui loa!