Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Mountains at Dusk

You can probably tell I've been in the mood for creating skies and scenery {sigh} -- so beautiful to look around or remember different places we've been!

First I sponged pinks, blues and purples, then used Memento gray to stamp different parts of stamps sets to get the scene. I added lots of craggy shadows to the mountain and a few more pine trees using Copic grays.

Really did mess up the border of the scene, so I hid it! I cut a square aperture in the card, adhered the scene from the back to cover the boo boos, then cut a frame from gold shimmer cardstock. Embossed some gold for some plant life in one corner, and for the sentiment. I just touched the edges of Delicata gold to the sentiment die cut - sure does sparkle like embossing!

Finally, added a white with gold thread bow to another corner and adhered cardstock to cover the image inside the front flap of the card.

Entering into StampTV Mix it up Monday Challenge. Just add some heat embossing and enter the challenge!

Stamp Sets: Mountain Wilderness and Country Roads, both by Theresa Momber and available at Gina K. Designs. Cardstock and ribbon also from GKD.








Thank you so much for looking!!!
Please don't feel the need to comment twice (once here
and once at STV) -- With aloha

6 comments:

  1. Rosy, beautiful card! I love scene cards. I have been watching several of Theresa's videos hoping some of her talent will rub off on me. lol You have done a beautiful job here. I love the gold around the frame....so classy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rosy you have done such a beautiful card. I don't even have the nerve to attempt doing something like that. It all looks so realistic. I also love the gold frame...very pretty. Good job my friend!
    Hugs.
    Marianne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning scene and love the gold embossing to enhance it even more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rosy, this is absolutely gorgeous!! Covering the 'boo-boo' added more elegance. Wish I had some of your talent

    ReplyDelete
  5. What lovely tones on this card Rosy! The gold and purple combine for a very classy dreamy effect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely sponging of this soft shadowy colors. Turned out beautifully. Enjoyed reading about how you saved your 'boo-boo'. I do that a lot! Your gold frame was most effective at drawing the eye inward, and your gold emboss on the corner plant was a great touch. Don't you just love that Delicata? It's my favorite gold. TFS such a beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments really encourage me a TON! Mahalo nui loa!