Tuesday, August 20, 2013

It's a Mossy Morning

I'm sure Asela Hopkins designed this beautiful set of bird stamps (Winter Wings at GKD) with snow in mind. But I miss moss! Living in the Pacific Northwest meant walking among mossy laden trees, stones and ground over centuries of fallen trees and pine needles. Mmmmm - smell the pine and cedar? So instead of coloring the branch with snow, I used some Copic greens for moss.

I heat embossed a floral from Summer Blooms stamp set (also from GKD) in clear embossing powder, then sponged green inks gently around to pop them. There's a bit of pointillism on the bird because I over-colored him and had to fix it up somehow. Then I fussy cut the bird and branch and popped it up on 1/4 inch pop dots for depth.

The background was a plain tan Bazzill but I stamped it twice: first with VersaMark Dazzle and then with a dark brown ink using Irish Blessing from Stampin' Up. Using a darker ink around the edges of the panel gave it a bit of age and distress.

Tied a gold oak leaf with twine to the bottom and then took a leap of faith to emboss the edges with a SB die. It really does work without cutting through the cardstock - whew!

Entered into the Mix it up Monday at StampTV with Carolina   All you have to do is emboss something to enter and you could win some brand new stamps from Gina!





Thank you so much for looking!
Please don't feel like you need to comment twice - once
here and once at STV. 
♥ Rosy ♥

3 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful card with a gorgeous bird, and an awesome sponged background! Very summery! (And by the way, I went for a walk in the forest just this morning, surrounded by moss-laden trees!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely card Rosy, I just love the little bird. Your embossing is great, good luck with your challenge. Hugs, Jen xx
    Krafty Keepsakes

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning. AND, I love your setting the scene with your memories. It's really so special, made me feel like I was there. Thanks for that! LOL
    BTW, I did comment twice, big deal, worth the effort for the nice walk with you......LOL

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments really encourage me a TON! Mahalo nui loa!