Saturday, August 3, 2013

Chalkboards

Boy, have I been wanting to try this method out. This is either the last or close to the last card I will make for DTGD challenges over at SCS. Really. 18 cards in three days? I'm no Iron Man. I gave up. Someone needs to drag me across the finish line. They're still going strong. Today is Saturday, and by this Monday, 36 cards (I think) are due! 6 cards per day x 6 = 36. Usually it takes me 2 days to make one card. My mind and body are CRUSHED.

The Card Recipe:

Glitz Happy Travels stamp set
GKD Pure Luxury cardstock, tan scrap as well as clear embossed pattern paper.
Ranger fine detail white embossing powder and heat tool (for the sentiment).
VersaMagic Cloud White ink with sponge dauber (to make the 'chalky background).
Memento Jumbo Java ink for distressing.
White color pencil with ruler (to draw the lines).
Cropadile Scallop corners on tan back panel.
Fiskars heart corner punch on designer paper.
Twine, adhesive pearls, and antique heart pearl button on bow.

Tips & Tricks:

Choose a sentiment that 'looks' vintage, preferably with scroll work or flourishes that you can add around it.

Add some white lines with pencil and ruler - I used this for the border as well as lines for writing on the actual black board.

Some people use the embossing buddy as 'chalky' background, but I find that to just fall off the card. Instead, use a white chalky or dye ink to sponge gently over the sentiment to give it the vintage chalk look.










Thank you so much for stopping by and taking a look!!!!