Saturday, July 20, 2013

Shades of Orange

Today at StampTV Lee began a new Live Chat Challenge that will be a new on every other Saturday I believe. Check it out! Today's challenge is to use some Gina K. Design floral stamps and an encouraging sentiment, then send the card to a friend who could really use the card now. Since I had also just watched a new technique for sponging on YouTube, I incorporated that into my challenge card.

Entered Into STV Live Chat Challenge: Floral Encouragement card

Come on over and play along with us. Gina will be giving away a fabulous prize!!!

I stamped the flowers, leaves and butterflies from the stamp set in Wild Honey distress ink. I gently sponged the outer edges of the image with Dried Marigold, leaving the center of the image lighter. Then I sponged darker Wild Honey around the edges and corners, including sponging the edges really dark. This will help the image to 'pop' on a white card base.

Stamp set: Summer Blooms by Gina K. Designs
Cardstock also by Gina K. Designs, Pure Luxury White