Tuesday, July 30, 2013

SCS DTGD Challenge Belleek Technique

Dear friends,

Many of you know and possibly follow Kittie Kraft blog which I just love to peek at also. She is amazing with paper punches and other techniques. This is one she does to perfection and this is my first try. It mimics the beautiful Irish porcelain and pottery art.

All you do is pick an embossing folder, one that may closely resemble flourishes or botany, and add ink to the front (or top) flap of the folder. It's the flap with the company logo or printing on it. Add your white cardstock inside the folder carefully and run through your Cuttlebug, Big Shot or other embosser. When you open the folder, out pops these beautiful letter pressed type Belleek designs.

I used Memento chalk ink and just tapped gently onto the folder. It cleaned up easily with a baby wipe. I'm sure you can get really fancy with a brayer and other inks, too. Any way you do it, have some fun. And thanks, Kittie, for your creativity!

Aloha! Rosy ♥

My recipe:

Anna Griffin "Aviary" embossing folder, Memento Pixi Dust pink ink, and GKD Pure Luxury White cardstock. I added a layer of Bazzill green to the back, a friend in Canada sent me the tag for sentiment (from GKD Assorted Greetings), and I added a few pearls and spring green ribbon to finish. I stamped the inside with JustRite Stamps lacy border in Memento New Sprout ink, which is a very light faded type of green.






Thank you for looking!






1 comment:

Your kind comments really encourage me a TON! Mahalo nui loa!